Do i stand any chance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, why should we wait and think 'O' Our yearly pay rise, but its ok as we will be paid a backdate from april and think nothing of it. They go through talks every year? which we know we get a yearly pay rise from the nhs and go without untill then. Why? its owed to you and we need to make a stand..

We wait because although the pay rise may be annual the exact amount is subject to talks with the union as to the exact percentage ...... the unions want to get you the best deal that they can .... would you be happy accepting the first figure that your employer offers ?

This is not an argument but the fact remains 'we all in the nhs 'private bodies' get paid an annual rise and wait for it months down the line. Its A Pay rise every year and get it but have to wait. why? it gains huge interest to them with whats owed to us.....

Thats not it.. Talks were made prior to april as to the rise for contracted staff and put on paper the yearly rises.. same really goes to the nhs staff aswell that have to wait even though there's a yearly rise. its like false information.

Talks may well have started before April, but were not agreed until Nov, this agreement is now in the process of being paid out.

I suggest you talk to your union rep if your situation is differnt to above and explore the possibility of your union negotiating the interest you feel you ahve lost on your behalf.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Not agreed to november? i wonder why? Yes the agreement is in progress to be paid out so even though the nhs staff have waited yet again as well as contracted staff... they know this..... there all out playing golf and rubbing there hands using the interest of our pay. I speak for all nhs staff aswell as contracted staff. We want it back.....the interset they've gained..... POWER TO THE PEOPLE

I really cannot help you anymore after this post, negotiations went on until Nov, as Unison were balloting members for strike action.

I really do not know who you think is playing golf on your perceived small amount of interest. It is not your money until it has been agreed, backdated and paid.

As above Isuggest you talk to your union rep

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I go for everones interest gizmo111. Unison are fighting for us, we are not the nhs as they have there payrise before we do. As for the small amount what could be owed to us even if its a couple of pence 'its something'. i must appolgise you must be on good pay as you wouldnt fight for as what you said ' #13 pound in lost interest.

The NHS is paid for by taxpayers.

Any interest earned by your delayed pay rise payment, is offset against the general tax burden of taxpayers.

As U are a taxpayer yourself, indirectly this means that U will have less overall tax to pay.

Therefore, U aren't REALLY missing out on the interest earned during the delay of your pay rise payment, are U sparkyone?!

Unless you have in writing ( or the union does ) stating that you have been awarded X amount pay rise back dated till april, then you can not force the company to pay you.

Does it state in you T & C`s that you will get a pay rise each year and if its in line with the NHS pay rise? if so then that gives you a case.

As stated, you work for a contracted company within the NHS, it might be that the NHS funds the company but its up to the private company to pay you rate of pay.

• Haha 1

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

Eveyone who works from a shop keeper to a judge gets paid an annual rise in pay??

Sorry, but that's just untrue.

Everybody who works in central or local government (or government agency) gets an annual pay rise. This is not true of the private sector.

How I wish to have had a 2.4% rise :mad:

I got less than 1% and there have been occasions where there has been nothing. I could vote with my feet of course - that is my prerogative, but instead, working in a financially tough environment sometimes one has to roll with it and try to do the best one can to improve, work efficiently and generate more money to fund a pay rise next year.

A pay rise for many is not the right that you seem to think it is.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

No company I have ever worked for has given interest on backdated pay!!

The idea is that pay negotiations start before the due date, usually 1st Jan or 1st April but especially with large multi site or national companies can drag on way past the due date. However if the pay offer was for example 3% in April but the Unions managed to negotiate 4% by Novermber then clearly this is much more beneficial than back pay?

For the record there are 3 Trade Unions in Local Authorities and up to 14 in the NHS.

Regards,

Paul.