BT and NPOWER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, this might be a long one....

I moved from British Gas to NPower in Jan 07, at the time I was out of the country and British Gas supplied NPower with estimate readings for both my Gas and Electricity. Also at the time of the move my property was undergoing building work, and therefore, no gas was being used and very minimal amount of electricity (only when my dad went to do work on he property).

When I received my final bills from British Gas they were £106.21 for electricity and £78.41 for my gas. I instantly knew this was incorrect and tried to get British Gas to resolve this. They immediately passed the buck onto NPower saying that they would have to suppy BG with a reading for both meters and they would then agree with those readings. I pursued NPower and kept supplying manual reads. Nothing was done and therefore, because I had refused to pay 2 companies high bills, I started to receive the usual "we're coming to disconnect you" letters.

I finally got NPower to come and read my gas at the beginning of Nov because whenever I supplyed a read they could not imput it on their systems because it was so low. They are now trying to agree this read with British Gas and hopefully I will receive a refund from both compaines. However, is there anyway I can speed up this process?? It has taken 11 months just to get someone to read my gas meter, and my electricity still hasn't been done!! I'm affraid that if I just leave it with those 2 companies to bum fight this out between themselves I'll still be sat here waiting for an answer. Plus, is there anything I can do with regards to the stress and inconvinience this whole mess has caused me??? :-x

Thank you in advance

I've had exactly the same issue with £1400 combined gas and electric bills for a period I wasn't even living in the property.

I am now 8 months along the line and at stage 3 of their complaints procedure.

I would suggest asking for a copy of their complaints procedure and following it

also the Energy Supply Ombudsman has the power to enforce decisions made, so a look at their website, although they prefer it if the consumer has made a real effort ie followed the complaints procedure, although jumping through hoops for 11 months may be considered enough

There is also Energywatch, but they have no power of enforcement over the utility companies

Look at Energy Ombudsman Service : Home