Payment demand out of the blue. Help Please!

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another gem, Thankyou Curlyben.I will get that off to Calders first thing.I'll keep you posted on developments.Do you think it would be a good idea to send Scotcall a copy too?

Best wishes Patma.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, send a copy to Scotcall. Their person has no legal rights and is only really trying to see if it is worth chasing you ie, do you have expensive plasma tvs or luxury furnishings....good luck on this as Calder seem to be rather thin on brain cells.

• Haha 1

Hi everyone,

Well I've just had a doorstep call from Scotcall which has left me still shaking. He hammered on the door about half an hour ago and I told him he should not have come and that he must leave immediately. He pretended to be trying to help sort everything out and said he would ring Calders immediately and find out why they had sent him. I told him I was closing the door and would discuss nothing with him and that he was trespassing.

After I shut the door, he went walking about on the pavement talking loudly on his mobile about me, then got in his car, outside my house and just sat there. A few minutes later the phone rang and it was Calders, haranguing me for not talking to him and also being very bullying. At this point I was starting to feel beseiged and was thinking I 'd better call the police. After about 15 minutes of sitting outside, the Scotcall man eventually drove away, just when I was about to call the police.

I am furious that they've ignored all my letters. The last one I sent them, was Curlyben's "Account in Dispute" letter above, telling them they must not send anyone round and it was a brilliant letter, in my opinion, but they totally ignored it.

When I was speaking to the Calder man on the phone, I asked him if he had this letter and challenged him to read it out to me, but he refused to do so. I have a recording of this conversation, as I do of most of the other calls and now I'm ready to hit back. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Fighting mad,

Patma

What you have been told is correct, what you have done is correct. It is these scumbags who are breaking the rules.

complain to trading standards et al. if they are are attending your property after specifically being told not to, and you have a recording of a conversation where they confirm they sent someone, then complain.

Thanks Spamheed. Yep I certainly shall be complaining!

A neighbour who lives three doors away (this is the village gossip I'm talking about) has just been round to deliver a note from the Scotcall man, which he put through her door giving fairly explicit details, ie my name,and saying that he urgently has to discuss my account and giving the DCA's phone number to contact. It also says he will call again to resolve. I am even more hopping mad now!

I want to make sure I go about this complaint in the most effective way and so all suggestions are most welcome. For instance I'm unclear as to who has the clout to stop these bullies in their tracks and whether I should just complain to everyone all at once....trading standards, OFT, FOS? Also is there any point in writing any more letters to these bullies themselves when they ignore everything?

One thing I do know is that my first thought this morning when I eventually saw the heavy drive off was to get on the computer and post about it. I can't tell you what a comfort it is to be able to share all this and learn from other's experiences.

All the best, Patma

I've now got a reply to my CCA reques from Barclaycard, Mastercard and it's an even more basic application form than the other one I postedpreviously for the visa card, no T&CS at all. As soon as poss I'll post it here for your perusal. They have ignored my request for statements and a copy of their alleged previous correspondence/default notice.It's RMA who are dealing with this one, so I think it's time to launch complaints against them as they're well into default now.

All the best, Patma

PS I'm still fuming with Calders/Scotcall and am plotting revenge;)

I've had a long conversation with my local trading standards this morning but am pretty discouraged by their response. The person I spoke to has said that the DCA's can keep hassling me and calling round until Barclaycard tell them to stop, because that's their job. My description of what's gone on didn't sound like arrassment as far as she was concerned. I explained that I have sent CCA requests but Barclays is now in default on those and her comment was that "that is irrelevant because I'm not disputing the debt."

I had a bit more luck with the Financial ombudsman because they are writing to Barclays today asking them to deal promptly with my complaint, but they won't investigate themselves until I have a final reply from Barclays and/or 8 weeks have passed.

I must say I'm very disappointed with trading standards but may try the Information Commissioner next. I'll keep my progress posted.

HAHAHAHA. Your application form doesn't even PRETEND to be regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, so they are onto a loser there.

I notice it mentions terms overleaf. I presume they haven't been included? No? Thought not.

This just has to be the worst attempt at providing an agreement so far. I don't know how they ever thought they could get away with it. But then, I don't suppose they ever imagined Joe Bloggs would ever read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 either. :lol:

thats the best agreement ive seen yet from Baclaycrap

it pretty much fails to comply with everything, CCA 1974 and ALL the relevant regulations too

wow theyve really excelled themselves this time

Thanks everyone,I was pretty amused by Barclaycard's little gem too. I'm now waiting to see what they come up with for my Barclaycard Reserve account, which no longer exists I believe.

I would very much appreciate suggestions as to how to fight back about the harassment with the doorstep visit etc. The card the heavy put through my neighbour's door says he will be coming back again. All the best, Patma

Scotcall are one of the worst, they're the one company who actually do send doorstep collectors, if you haven't already done so make a complaint to the police ASAP about the visit, they have no right whatsoever to be there

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Hi Patma,

Just found your comments on your 'visit' from Scotcall. This sort of thing makes my blood boil. No-one should be subjected to such medieavil treatment in the 21st Century. Well done or weathering it!

Funny thing it was when I got a threatening letter from Scotcall with no fax number that I googled them and found this site. A quick CCA sent them packing. Now I've got DCAs singing from my hymn sheet ..... .

That had nothing to do with me but to do with the magnificent advice I've gleaned right here.

Newborn

• Haha 1

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Thanks everyone for your comments and yes Seahorse you're right- no terms and conditions included for the latest offering not to mention a copy of my alleged Default Notice or statements going back 9 years !

ROTFLMAO?......not sure what that means, Curlyben, but I'm sure it fits...it looks good anyway:D

Yesterday I had a chat with the Financial Ombudsman who has sent a letter today to Barclaycard asking them to look into my complaint and they've given me a complaint number to get back to them with if things aren't resolved in the allotted time.

One thing which came up during the chat was that my account numbers don't have the correct amount of numbers to be valid credit card numbers nowadays, so that probably explains why all the letters I've received are quoting different, larger numbers. The thing is though, I've never been notified that my account numbers were being changed and the payment books I've been given to make payments with have the old numbers on them.

What I have no way of knowing is whether all my payments have been correctly credited. I noticed on another thread somewhere that another person had been getting letters from Barclaycard with a different account number quoted, so I think this may apply to older accounts.

Today I've talked to the OFT and been advised to submit a complaint on the form provided on their website, so that's what I'm now working my way through.

Thanks again to you all for your encouragement. I can't tell you how much better it makes me feel. I'll keep you posted.

All the Best, Patma

There has been a major development now. Yesterday I got a postcard, in an envelope from Calders announcing that I would be visited on the 20th, (today) between 8am and 8pm.

As a result I took,Shane5408's adise and took myself off down to the police station, to make a complaint and see if I could make sure they would be available to protect me if I called them.

The upshot was that the policeman who dealt with me, immediately got on the phone to Calder's on my behalf (not what I was expecting and by this time I was a bit apprehensive about whether I'd done the right thing involving the police:confused: ). Anyway it worked out fine because Calders were absolutely stunned and put him on hold for ages while they drew lots about who dared speak to him I guess.

You would never have guessed this was the same organisation who'd been harrassing me , because they immediately told him they were happy to accept the amount I was already paying Barclaycard and he put me on the phone to speak to them. I pointed out that my offers to continue paying the same amount (£11per month) had been rejected from the outset and an alleged Default notice issued which I still to date have not set eyes on, nor have I received any adequate response to my CCA request(which has now reached the criminal offence stage), therefore I am still proceeding with complaints about them and Barclaycard. The response to this was profuse grovelling (yesss!!!:D )

The next step I think, as well as continuing with my complainits will be to offer a small amount in final settlement (10% or so maybe).

Thanks to everyone who has got me through so far. I would have been totally lost without all your help. And to everyone who is struggling with Harrassment, don't be discouraged because being persistent and insisting on your rights does pay off in the end.

RMA have backed off slightly and are trying to negotiate a final settlement too, so as soon as my Mastercard CCA request becomes a criminal offence, in a few days, I'll offer them the same deal.

All the best,Patma

Congratulations, I'd write a letter to the Chief of Police or whoever congratulating him on having such a clued up officer. You were very lucky that you weren't fobbed off with the "its a civil matter" excuse.

Very well done for holding your ground.

That's wonderful Patma, keep it up.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

• 1 month later...