Help with yes car credit

myofox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking for advice on where I stand with any claims against yes car credit , I was self employed and working in guernsey for a company yet was still sold PPI as they told me i would not get credit without it . I was also sold GAP and Warrenty insurance , My warrenty states any work done must be done at my local brance yet obviously this no longer exists. Any help with where to start would be most grateful.

I was looking for advice on where I stand with any claims against yes car credit , I was self employed and working in guernsey for a company yet was still sold PPI as they told me i would not get credit without it . I was also sold GAP and Warrenty insurance , My warrenty states any work done must be done at my local brance yet obviously this no longer exists. Any help with where to start would be most grateful.

Hello Myofox,

Maybe the first thing to do is send a SAR, there is one kicking around the forum.

Get your info and while you are waiting, read around the different thread, they are full of information.

Once you get the info, you need to work out the amount you are reclaiming

Send you prelim letter asking for it back, giving 14 days

Send your letter before action , giving 14days

Report to fos to investigate or issue a county court claim.

There may be more issues, but these can be dealt with, if and when then occur.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I'm trying to working out how much I can actually claim but cannot get my head round it

£450 mechanical breakdown cover

£545.00 Gap insurance cover

£1134.00 Payment protection insurance

£2129.90 total insurance premium cash price

£540.00 Less downpayment by customer

£1589.90 Shortfall by way of credit

£1171.54 Add interest

£2761.44 Balance payable

£3301.44 total amount payable

34.9 APR

48 months

I cannot sort out how much interest has been added on to my PPI Please stephen Hawkins help ME helpmm.gif

• 2 months later...

I am coming to the end of my contract with Direct Auto Finance, I bought a Car from yes Car Credit in 2004 and now have 3 final payments to them so the end of March is my ast Payment.

I missed 1 payment through the whole process and suffered for that with charges and endless telephone hassle.

I was not told that the PPI was optional and that i had to have the PPI to sec ure the Car.

I have been paying #150.47 a month over 42 months.

Has anybody had success claiming back the PPI,Do i wait until have made my final Payment or do i just go ahead now.

What is the Process i should start with.

Any advice would be very helpful ths money would pretty much clear my outstanding Debt.

Mnay thanks Happyalf:)

myofox - I am currectly having a massive dspute with DAF and their not so friendly debt collecting agency DLC over an outstanding balance of unpaid PPi.

One thing I have found out from the other forum mentioned above is that the down payment - ie on your case the:

£540.00 Less downpayment by customer

should not have been a downpayment on the insurance side of the agreement and I was advised that this can help your case greatly if you are appealing against your agreement.

My name on that site is Ruth so you might find my thread on there where I am advised this by the helpers on this subject.