LBA from Optima Leagal Services*WON* DISCONTINUED BY CONSENT*****

Viano
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Can you give me a hand with the pre-trail checklist please (it has to be in by 24th June 2008) only my confidence has taken a knock and I need to get it right.

BTW did you get my answer to your PM of the 18th?

Viano

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul and all our readers,

Having received a letter from Thames Credit (see post 256) I sent them a reply as suggested by PT (post 263).

Yesterday I received in the post another letter from Thames, I quote in full:

Dear Sir,

We refer to previous correspondence regarding the above referenced account.

In your recent letter you have suggested that the account has nothing to do with you and have requested documentry evidence, such as a copy application form.

Under the Data Protection Act, we are unable to disclose personal details. You claim the account is not yours and we would thereforebe in breach of the Data Protection Act if we were to disclose any details of this account to you at this stage.

In order that our Fraud Department can investigate the matter, please forward a copy of an official document, which shows your name, date of birth and signature.

On receipt of that, we will investigate the matter further and revert back to you.

A pre-paid envelope is enclosed for your convienence and we will look forward to hearing from you sa soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

(Sqwiggle)

Thames Credit Ltd.

There was not pre-paid envelope enclosed.

I have sent them a CCA request anyway.

Your comments invited.

Viano

Sorry, have I lost the plot, I thought Thames Credit had returned the paperwork to Barclaycard who are proceeding with the court claim ?

What rubbish are they twittering on about Data Protection.. they write to you at an address, you reply using that same address, requesting proof they have a right to collect a debt, then they reply to that with a request of proof of who you are.. ? Shouldnt they have made sure in the first place?

I think pt says it all in the last sentence of his post # 263.. this is bizarre.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Barclays (who have issued a Court claim via Optima) have taken it back from Optima, and are apparently proceeding themselves. Thames have started hassling me on behalf, they say, of Aktiv Kapital, who have bought an alleged debt from Barclays, for an agreement that bears little or no relationship to any "agreement" we my or may or not have.

You think you're confused!

Viano

Edited by Viano

My head hurts :confused:

:D

Viano, they are saying that you need to provide documentary evidence of who you are so they can confirm whether or not they are sending begging letters to the correct person. They have already broken the DPA if they have been sending stuff to you without being certain you are the right person.

I think my reply to that would have been umm, nope I think you (Thames Credit) should have made sure I was the right person before you embarked on this venture. It is not for you to do their job for them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey Ho team,

I have just received notification of another change of solicitors!!!

No Ref. number, no claim number, just a without prejudice letter stating:-

'Dear Sir,

Barclays Bank Plc v me

We write further to our open letter of today's date (25/06/08). we have now been instructed in relation to this matter and are in the precess of familiarising ourselves with the papers.

Could you please give our xxxxx xxxxxxxx a call.

We look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Matthew Arnold & Baldwin.

Can anyone give me an idea of what might be going on?

V

Hey Ho team,

I have just received notification of another change of solicitors!!!

No Ref. number, no claim number, just a without prejudice letter stating:-

'Dear Sir,

Barclays Bank Plc v me

We write further to our open letter of today's date (25/06/08). we have now been instructed in relation to this matter and are in the precess of familiarising ourselves with the papers.

Could you please give our xxxxx xxxxxxxx a call.

We look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Matthew Arnold & Baldwin.

Can anyone give me an idea of what might be going on?

V

oh, thats interesting

whats probably happening is that they are passing it from solicitor to solicitor in the hope of finding one who will take it on:D

I really cant see what they hope to achieve, but keep strong and dont let it get you down.

when you feel its getting on top of you, just look in the legal success forum and you will see that they are beatable, there have been many people who have been in this situation so please dont let it get to you

Edited by pt2537

Why do they need you to telephone them?. :)

BCOBS

Ah, :-D

BCOBS

rite i think they are trying to throw u off balance and hope u give up or you do something wrong and they can use it against u in court.

Dont let this get u down

They want u to phone them so the paper trail stops and so they can say something like

On xx Viano called and said that he knows he owes the money and that he is just doing this to get out of paying.

No evidence of telephone convos means it cant be challenged.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the encouragement, comments etc.

I won't contact them I'll just wait and see, the rate it's going we'll probably get though a few more debt collecting solicitors before we get to Court.

To paraphrase a saying, I'll let them think I'm a fool rather than contact them and prove it.

V

lol good saying and i dont think u are a fool

i am agreeing with letting them think u are a fool rather than giving them evidence to prove it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi team,

I've just had a 'phone call (20.25hrs) from their solicitors asking me to call them. Is this normal? should I call them back? what now????

Has this happened to anyone before?

I am now baffled, we are in Court in two weeks.

V

Hi V

hmm, interesting, maybe they are flinching, you never know.

its worth a call i guess to see what they want,

dont agree to anything on the spot obviously but let us know what they say

well there is no harm in finding out what they want.

Oh and just went we was ready and waiting fora decent update they run away

Right Ho Chums,

Some points from my recent conversation (see above).

1) They know of the CAG and are probably reading this now!

2) "Our defence is straight out of the CAG..."

3) "Optima are on Barclays panel of solicitors, but usually go for undefended claims, if it is any more complicated it gets passed back to Barclays and then on to someone else."

4) "Am I defending myself or will I have a solicitor?"

5) "As it is a fairly small claim and to save on costs is there scope for discussion?"

6) "They are fairly confident that they will win."

There are other points, but as my shorthand is non-existent I will have to try and recall them as we go.

V