LBA from Optima Leagal Services*WON* DISCONTINUED BY CONSENT*****

Viano
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is their problem with CAG. There was another thread, I think re MBNA who wanted the Judge to chuck out the defence in that it was produced with help from a "website" which made it innefective and inappropriate ?

Sounds to me as though Optima are fishing !!.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Viano!

So, the call was just a Lawyer wanting to weaken your resolve then!

Sadly, another example of how bankers, DCAs and their Lawyers all operate from the same Script.

Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but I think it would've been better to make them keep it in Writing. They only wanted to talk to you, to see if a smooth talking confident sounding Legal Worm could inject some doubt into your strategy.

I'm sure it hasn't worked, has it...but the effect would've been undermined if they had to say all of that in a Letter that you could keep, produce if needed in Court, and post here for us all to poke ridicule at!

Oh, and when you next Write to them, ask them why, if they are so clever and Legally asute, why do they keep on ignoring The Companies Act regarding Registered Company Address details on their own Business Letterheads?

I hope you are reading this Optima...shove that up your pipe and choke on it matey!

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Viano!

So, the call was just a Lawyer wanting to weaken your resolve then!

Sadly, another example of how bankers, DCAs and their Lawyers all operate from the same Script.

Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but I think it would've been better to make them keep it in Writing. They only wanted to talk to you, to see if a smooth talking confident sounding Legal Worm could inject some doubt into your strategy.

I'm sure it hasn't worked, has it...but the effect would've been undermined if they had to say all of that in a Letter that you could keep, produce if needed in Court, and post here for us all to poke ridicule at!

Oh, and when you next Write to them, ask them why, if they are so clever and Legally asute, why do they keep on ignoring The Companies Act regarding Registered Company Address details on their own Business Letterheads?

I hope you are reading this Optima...shove that up your pipe and choke on it matey!

Cheers,

BRW

:lol::lol: That's me cleaning coffee off the screen for the next 10 minutes then.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keep-keep up CB, Optima were two solicitors ago!, and yes BTW is right, they are leaning on us, gosh I'm worried.

V

Sorry, yes of course they were.. Optima got worried and passed it on didnt they:D

BCOBS

FFS - trying to get you to back off just because you got help from people on the web - it beggars belief that they feel they have to go this far to avoid Court!! (After all, if they're that worried they could always just drop it!! If they're not confident of winning, they should not be trying to force it to Court!!)

no that would be there bad bo

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello The GodMother!

no that would be there bad bo

No, you have to smell past the BO, the bad breath, the Socks, the crud in the belly button and that smell from the pants...ignore all that, beyond and above the usual banking Lawyer odour there's an even more powerful pong of fear.

You can't miss it!

Cheers,

BRW

Well i can as i am just getting my sense of smell back.

cant smell fear banker just bo i think it may be the crud in the belly button tho

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all,

Update:-

I received a letter this week-end confirming our conversation and stating that although they have a copy of the disclosure list and Defence they have not seen a copy of the witness statement, I faxed this to the Court on the due date (and have proof). I quote 'We have not seen a witness statement from you but we anticipate that such may be comprised in your disclosure list and form of Defence. If we are wrong in that assumption perhaps you could let us see your witness statement'. Should I?

When I have sorted all of my paperwork I will be asking further questions, some naive, some not so please bear with me.

V

Were you supposed to send the solicitors your witness statement at the same time as the Court? Usually you send it to the Court and the other parties at the same time. They are entitled to see it; so I guess I would send it to them as a "True Copy" (i.e. a photocopy as opposed to printing it again) with dates, and a covering letter that confirms it was originally sent on . If you omitted to send it to them first time, no worries; they don't need to know that.

That's my take on it, anyway; wait until PT or one of the other Gurus answer as well, though, just to make sure. (See my signature).

Cheers!

If they claim not to have recieved your defense they may try to move to have it struck out. You could always move to have there disclosure list struck out if they do this only seemd fair if they have failed to disclose that info to you.

Can someone point me to the relevant (downloadable) parts of:-

1) Civil Procedure Rules, Rules & Practice Directions.

2) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

3) Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983.

4) Consumer Credit (Agreements (Amendments) Regulations 2004)

5) Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983.

6) The Administrations of Justice Act 1970.

Please.

Thanks.

V

sorry my fault ment to put witness statement but put defence

for the cpr rules u will need

Home - Ministry of Justice thats were i got mine from anyway u may be able to find the others docs u requested on there especially part 6.

i will google the other docs for u

retiring rite now thanks to PT.