great universal

sheila_de
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help have a account with great universal but fell in arrears made a arrangement to pay £25.00 a month but due to having give up work fell behind so now every time i pay £20.00 they r adding on £12.00 charges so i am not getting on top they will not let me make another arrangement with them . what can i do

You should tell them to STUFF their £12 charges for late payment and there's no reason why you can't handle this debt yourself.

If you have many more debts and they are 'getting out of hand', then by all means seek advice from a recognised, free help organisation like CCCS or CAB (click here)

These late payment fees are well known to us here - they are a penalty charge and are unlawful (in our humble opinion!).

Part of our dedicated DEBT FORUM includes the following http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

There are sample letters to send to your creditors and spreadsheets to help you work out what you can afford to pay (and advice about which debts to prioritise).

Use those to generate a figure that you can consistently afford to pay and then try very hard to stick to the plan, otherwise the problems will only get worse.

Keep us updated about things and let us know what response you get etc.

Keep records of everything you send and every letter they send you and once you have paid back ONLY the money that you owe - minus any charges they impose - make it clear that all those charges will not be paid under any circumstances.

Enough to get your teeth into?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Send them a CCA request.

I was in the same situation. If you made an agreement to reduced payments, did they make you aware the also charge nearly £70 for this?????????? I bet not!

I cca'd them . they couldn't provide as I know I didn't sign one.

I deducted all the charges and interest .....sent them a cheque for the remaning advising full and final and no more Great Universal.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)