Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

stay in touch with the police and cooperate fully with them. the police will have no interest at all in the PPC invoice (by all means send them copies of the paperwork as this is corroborating evidence) but the threats made over the phone score highly on their ranking system - as they should. RIPA means they can and will get hold of the phone records very easily, you give them anything else that will help them.

As criminal investigation is under way you may wish to not post any further details until there is a resolution.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that being said i still cannot make out how they would get my mrs's mobile number and not mine?

Hi Peter,

Let's see what the cops dig up, but as advised don't post too much information whilst the enquiry is ongoing.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe it - i'm another target for Excel Parking Service Ltd (EPS). Having pulled up at an EPS carpark in Stockport, to use the free 30mins, lo and behold, a ticket on my side window. Follow this sequence of events:-

4.08pm - park car - go shopping :)

4.12pm - time seen by warden

4.23pm - buy goods and return to car - to find PCN :eek:

4.26pm - time recorded on PCN as issued :mad:

The warden/duffer couldn't even wait 30mins before sticking it to me - 14mins.

When i confronted him, he said that was the time i finished processing the document. I said check your watch, it was still 4.25pm. Work that one out, are you Dr Who in disguise and can bend time?

To which his response was 'its in the system and you'll have to pay!'

Needless to say, after a few chosen expletives were thrown across the car park - i sought help.

And can i say, i am so devoted to this site already after finding similar stories from people being shafted by a blatant set of sharks.

£60.00 for a £2.50 ticket? Has thsi country lost the plot?

Anyway thanks for the advice - i intend to sit tight and watch the letters stack-up. will keep you posted if anything arises.

cheers for keeping my sane.

Ecky

• 1 month later...

Perhaps someone can help,

I received a PCN from excel for parking in the Broomhill area of Sheffield a month or so ago, to which I used the standard reply template. I promptly received Excel's stock reply and I am now about to use another template to respond.

Since this time the individuals (me and others) who have access to the vehicle have parked in the same car park. I have now received a further two PCNs from two separate occasions both for over-running of the time limit for the tickets purchased - by some unspecified amount.

Although I'm uncertain about who was driving the car on these dates, I'm confident that, were I able to know who was driving at the time, the car park stay on both of these occasions was within the time limit for the ticket purchased. However, it is unlikely that the tickets purchased can now be found and I cannot therefore prove this.

Obviously, fighting my rights against Excel is the morally, not to mention financially, correct thing to do, but whilst I'm happy to take the risk of going to court for one ticket, the costs of doing so for three are somewhat scary.

Do people on this forum feel that this is simply a further bullying tactic? Should I continue to respond as set out in the templates?

Many thanks in advance.

Perhaps someone can help,

I received a PCN from excel for parking in the Broomhill area of Sheffield a month or so ago, to which I used the standard reply template. I promptly received Excel's stock reply and I am now about to use another template to respond.

Since this time the individuals (me and others) who have access to the vehicle have parked in the same car park. I have now received a further two PCNs from two separate occasions both for over-running of the time limit for the tickets purchased - by some unspecified amount.

Although I'm uncertain about who was driving the car on these dates, I'm confident that, were I able to know who was driving at the time, the car park stay on both of these occasions was within the time limit for the ticket purchased. However, it is unlikely that the tickets purchased can now be found and I cannot therefore prove this.

Obviously, fighting my rights against Excel is the morally, not to mention financially, correct thing to do, but whilst I'm happy to take the risk of going to court for one ticket, the costs of doing so for three are somewhat scary.

Do people on this forum feel that this is simply a further bullying tactic? Should I continue to respond as set out in the templates?

Many thanks in advance.

You are taking them too seriously and giving them credence they do not have.

As DBC has said just ignore them, they will go away when they realise you have not fallen for the [problem].

regards

Howdo everyone, hope it was a good christmas!!

Just to update you on my saga with Excel - today received a fancy full colour (lots of red and yellow), double-sided A4 piece of paper threatening me with 'court proceedings' or pay £100. It even breaksdown what the costs would be for a solicitor and court for me, so nice of them.

They even have a code for this offence 94 and then a list of various ways to pay on the reverse - web, tel, post.

Even better at the end they would like me to inform them of who was driving the vehicle, why don't they know!!!

Anyway in-line with my New Year's resolution they can go whistle.

Will keep you informed of the next episode of 'Return of the Vampires'.

We have just recieved a £60.00 parking fine for parking on the moor centre brierley hill. We are really shocked because we always pay for our parking. It was for December 23 rd 2009. They have sent us a really poor grainy picture of our car, looks like it was taken off a cctv camera. We have e mailed them to ask if they can look at their ticket machines to check that our car registration is in the machine, we do not keep our tickets but it makes you think about keeping them a few months just in case.We can not phone the company either it has to be by letter or e mail, has anyone else had any problems recentley at this car park? Any ideas on what we can do please. :(

We have just recieved a £60.00 parking fine for parking on the moor centre brierley hill. We are really shocked because we always pay for our parking. It was for December 23 rd 2009. They have sent us a really poor grainy picture of our car, looks like it was taken off a cctv camera. We have e mailed them to ask if they can look at their ticket machines to check that our car registration is in the machine, we do not keep our tickets but it makes you think about keeping them a few months just in case.We can not phone the company either it has to be by letter or e mail, has anyone else had any problems recentley at this car park? Any ideas on what we can do please. :(

Yes, just ignore and do not contact them again. it's a simple as that. And it's not a "fine", just an unenforcible invoice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dawn I have today been sent by my lease company a ticket for the same day 23 Dec, same car part - really angry as I always pay for my ticket and also my lease company have paid it and re-charged me. Did you get any joy?

Hi Dawn I have today been sent by my lease company a ticket for the same day 23 Dec, same car part - really angry as I always pay for my ticket and also my lease company have paid it and re-charged me. Did you get any joy?

Hi Kezza, have you challenged the lease company over them paying the begging letter?

Most lease companies will state that they will pay fines, what you received was not a fine. I would be telling the leasing company they have been a victim of a [problem] and to chase the ppc for its lost money. There is no way I would pay the lease company, if they are stupid enough to fall for the [problem] that is not your problem it is THEIRS.

regards

Hi Kezza 123,

Have recieved a letter off the company saying that its on hold for the moment while they investigate it. Been on car park since much to my hubbies anoyance but have kept the ticket. all the best to you.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kezza 123, Have had a reply from the car park company, they have decided not to charge me anything, and have said they hope they have not caused me any distress, hope you have had some luck with the car lease company, dont give up it proves if you fight you can win, when you know you are in the wright. :)

Not really sure about this company - I'd like to know how many people they actually took to court last year or ever have.

I believe in 2009 they made over 50,000 requests for vin numbers from the DVLA.

There Sole director is reported as earning £500,000 last year - and in the wakefield press advised everyone he was running a parking company and had not set his company as a parking enforcement agency.

Anyone who has been falsely accused and won against Excel, should write and complain to the ICO (inf commisioners office) stating your data has been used in a dubious manner and ask for an assessment of how and why the DVLA release their information and what is the "reasonable" support for Excel asking. Reading the internet, they have once lost this connection - and maybe the right complaints to the ICO will shutdown this avenue for them and others.

Wakefield press give very good support.

More importantly - they have lost one case, with the judge ruling that the fine was overly excessive, and over compensated either a free or overstayed ticket.

My situation is as follows:

I received a Parking Charge 6 months ago at a Supermarket in which they charged £30 for early repayment (it wasn’t Excel), I took this on the chin & paid it.

I then received a further one from Excel at Nettos in which they have requested £60 for early repayment, double the amount charged by the more upmarket supermarket! At this point I started to smell a rat & embarked on some research.

Firstly, any perceived loss to the Landowners would have been far greater in the first Supermarket compared with Nettos as their prices are far higher for the equivalent shop. Secondly, both car parks were extremely quiet at the time so I doubt that there was any loss at all.

Having looked through this Forum there appears to be 3 options available to me:

• Pay up (I’ve no intention whatsoever).

• Follow the template letter trail (recommended by some people in case you need it as evidence in Court, though some posts suggest that this is a waste of time & stamps).

• Totally ignore all correspondence, eventually they will go away.

Which would you recommend?