Talk Talk Hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings,

Try the [edit] on 0800 049 7664, Number from (SAYNOTO0870.com)

Consumers should boycott Companies who sweet talk you, to sign you up,

then try to [edit] out of you, at every turn.

[MODERATED: Libelous and offensive comments removed]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thailand. I'm going to wait for the 7 days for the joker at the top to reply and then go for another ISP on a second phone line. I have three lines into my house so it not a problem.

I'm looking at other providers as my e-mail is not held by DumbDumb

TalkTalk - I don't think so

I can only confirm the experiences of everybody here, can I urge you all to log a complaint with OFCOM via Ofcom Website | How to complain and lets get them as much attention as possible of the wrong sort!!

I have been with them 3 months and cut off 3 x for non payment, this never happened with BT so why with TT do I keep on cancelling my DD? I never ever have!!

Why do they ignore letters, fail to set your account up properly, constantly overbill you and then tell you it's your fault?

Answers on an ecard please

Thanks for the support.

£3 billion last year alone, lets have some of that and teach em a lesson :D

I was just wondering if there was anyone hear who was at all happy with their talk talk service as, have just got it phone lines apparently switched modem arriving in sept, i have not signed any contract as yet and am seriously considering stopping srvices and going to sky broadband.

I too ordered the pakcage online and have tried to cancel, i have phoned the 0800 number to be told I couldn't cancel on that one and was given an 0870 number, first time I got through to the wrong department and was told to try again and its not easy as you have to go through the process again and this time I was left on hold then cut off completely, so I sent them an email to cancel.....no reply, so i've written them a letter and 4 days on as yet no reply whatsoever.

So if you do decide to cancel I wish you luck,

Lin

A big

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_126.gif

to this site and I will be donating when I get my monies back, Lindy

Capital One D.P.A. (S.A.R.) sent 22/07/2006. statements recieved,

M.B.N.A. D.P.A. (S.A.R.) sent 31/07/2006. PAR sent 06/09/06......14/09/2006 Goodwill payment of £150 thanks but I still want the rest.....LBA sent on 29/09/06....cheque received for the rest...I WON.....

NatWest D.P.A. sent 16/08/2006

If your modem arrives in september i'll run down my street naked screaming 12 hell mary's. Be sure to send lots of complaint e-mails off at every turn, i was once told I couldn't cancel because they didn't have enough complaints on file!! Its only the fact i'm about to pay 2.73 for the first 5 months that appeases my utter contempt for this company.

lindyloops i willforward a geographical number to you if want to talk to someone who will be happy to cancel your contract

• 2 weeks later...
lindyloops i willforward a geographical number to you if want to talk to someone who will be happy to cancel your contract
Hi Thailand, can you forward it to me as well please? They now want me to run a load of speed tests over a few days to see if BT is causing the problem.

My contract is with TalkTalk not BT.

This is the waffle I got from them:-

Dear Ms Luddite

Thank you for your email.

Sorry for the delay in response. You currently are on free broadband at a 2mbps your local exchange is scheduled to be upraded 15/04/07. If you have any speed issues you need to go through the following

BT Speed Test Information

=========================

Please be aware of the following before conducting and reporting speed issues:

1) All programs which access the Internet, this includes any P2P software, must be first switched off first

2) Please ensure that any anti-spyware and anti-virus software is up to date and a full system scan has been performed

To gain accurate results you need to conduct at least 6 tests,

These 6 tests are broken down into:

3 tests using your home telephone number conducted once in the morning, afternoon and evening

3 tests whilst logged in using Speedtest@speedtest_domain in place of the username on the log on screen (no password required). These tests also need to be conducted once in the morning afternoon and evening

These two tests are done to help determine whether the fault lies with TalkTalk Broadband or BT servers

After collecting the results from the Link below please contact our Technical Support team on 0871 226 7146

Please click the link below to enter the BT Speed Test site

(or copy into your address bar at the top of your browser)

Broadband Speed Tester

Please note:

We would not be able to submit any speed issues to BT unless your results are not within the parameters listed below

1Mb speeds between 200 - 1000kbps.

2Mb speeds between 400 - 2000kbps.

Therefore if your speed is not below the minimum specified above, we will not be able to investigate further as these are within BT's acceptable range.

If you have any general queries, please call customer services on 0870 444 1820.

For technical queries, please contact broadband technical support on 0871 226 7146 or email [email protected]. Calls to this number are charged at 10 pence per minute (call charges may vary from mobile phones and other telecom operators).

Both of these numbers can become busy during peak periods and TalkTalk apologises for any inconvenience caused by the delays.

Jayne Wheeler

TalkTalk Correspondence Department

So it's BT who are causing the problem not TalkTalk !!! Pull the other one Jayne.

I moved to talk a few months back, the installation was a bit of a pain as the modem and drivers didn't arrive, I just connected using my BT modem with the help of their technical deptment, and then waited a week for the talktalk modem and drivers and switched over.

At the moment I'm quite happy with them, all except the fact you HAVE to pay by direct debit.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Thanks very much he's on my hit list for Monday morning.

TT have been a nightmare since I first signed up with them for BB. They keep disconnecting me during online games, filter my e-mail without asking me, charged me for international calls becuase they had not enabled my line, I can't get into my webmail the system says name and password not recognised. I could go on but why bother I don't want to bore you all :-)

I did have trouble getting into my webmail for ages, but then I set up outlook express and that seems to have sorted that problem out.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi thailand, can you pm me this number please they are still not cancelling and have sent my first bill now, can i still cancel at this late stage, many thanks

Lindy x

A big

M.B.N.A. D.P.A. (S.A.R.) sent 31/07/2006. PAR sent 06/09/06......14/09/2006 Goodwill payment of £150 thanks but I still want the rest.....LBA sent on 29/09/06....cheque received for the rest...I WON.....

I tried to do a quote but couldn't work it out, hope you get the message ok,

Lindy x

A big

My direct debit to TalkTalk bounced and they phoned me repeatedly. I've mailed them twice to say all correspondence should be in writing from now on but they say they can call for late payments. The bill's been paid now but I still want want them to confirm they won't call again. Grrrrrrr.

Hi All, Got so sick of the bull coming from TalkTalk I contacted OTELO who said I had a good case against TalkTalk and would I like to fill in a complaint over the phone. Went ahead with it and the did all the work. It arrived in the post for me to sign and include all the e-mails and letters I have send and received from them, including the letter I sent to the MD.

They said they would write to TT and hear their side of the story!!

I have had a letter from them saying it will take 6-8 weeks for a provisional conclusion. This could mean, that they find for me and tell TT to release me from the contract and to pay me costs and a penalty fee.

Being a fulltime sceptic I'll believe it when I see it.

Those really helpful, thoughtful, bendover backward to get things sorted out helpline people at TalkTalk, are working so hard not to give me my MAC number. To call it a customer support line is a joke.

And to finish this. My TalkTalk phone bill was £55 plus this month! I'm still trying to work out how I have managed to double my bill from what I was paying Tiscali, very strange!

GRRRRRR GRRRRRR:mad: , you wont be able to work out your bill as it is written in clingon. They just don't care about you - they just want your money, and they're prepared to do anything to get it - anything. Money is the root of all TalkTalk evil.

Let us know how you get on and rant over:)

And to finish this. My TalkTalk phone bill was £55 plus this month! I'm still trying to work out how I have managed to double my bill from what I was paying Tiscali, very strange!

Yes... I was surprised by my first high TalkTalk bill. Reasons were:

• It covered more than a month being the first bill
  • I hadn't read the literature properly and had forgotton to dial 18481 (or something) before dialing Intn. numbers.

On the matter of Dunstones phone number: my friend had real problems connecting to TalkTalk (turned out not to be TalkTalk's fault) - he managed to get Charles Dunstones email address either finding it on their website, or simply trying a few likely variations. He did recieve a reply - and a priority call from UK based technical support.

It can take a few days to switch networks - I was quite impressed by the 3 days it took to roll me over from BT to TalkTalk. My Netgear WiFi router was compatible with their service. So far I've been happy with the service - but have to count myself lucky.

Good luck!

[email protected] 01925 554 318

Keith Myers Customer liason executive.

Just say you helped my friend and I expect you to do the same for me (nicely of course!)

He's a pushover lol. He has practically begged me to cancel - No chance!

I did phone the above number and got "The number you have dialed has not been recognised, Please check and try again"

So another door closes

glad I read this I have cancelled my TT service today!!:p :p :p

14/09/06 sent prelim to RBOS for £885

28/9/06 sent LBA letter

2/10/06 letter from RBOS offering £585 ..Rejected

10.10.06 more charges £710:-x

:p :p :p :p

• 2 weeks later...

1. New to this forum so apologies if I have missed anything out. Had a nightmare with TalkTalk Broadband after previously using a BT maintained ADSL feed, billed by TalkTalk. I was changed over to the "Upgraded" 8MB system in early September as stated in a letter recieved from TalkTalk Customer Services.

2. As you may have guessed, the Broadband didnt come back online. I am using a Wi-Fi router which was working perfectly up to the cutover.

3. Many calls to TalkTalk ensued, often getting through to totally different call centres who appeared completely disinterested in my problem. Inept, at best is how I would describe them. Many operators had no idea how the new broadband service operates and just kept parroting the same old "Well you have to use the TalkTalk modem" line. Which hadnt arrived........

4. Eventually received the TalkTalk modems after 2 weeks offline. (2 arrived - I hope they are free, as stated by many of the customer service reps!) Installed first time and broadband returned, albeit intermittent.

5. Found fault to be outdated firmware in the Wi-Fi router. Something I never knew how to do. As a stab in the dark, I used the intermittent TalkTalk modem to download the latest firmware updates from the Wi-Fi manufacturer, TalkTalk broadband now fine. The whole process of firmware upgrade was a first for me but glad it worked ok. If I had been prompted in the letter from TalkTalk to upgrade my firmware to the latest releases it may have saved 2 weeks of hassle.

6. I will stay with TalkTalk for now and see how things pan out. Good luck to all out there who have experienced this cutover nightmare.