Moorcroft Debt recovery

loubyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello jed told you to watch this space. Got letter which is now stating agent will call round rather than pre court division. They are running scared now. Threatened to sue them for harrassment & demanding money with menaces. Sent them copy of my last letter as they chose to ignore it first time round. Once again watch this space.

I'm watching, I'm watching.:D

jed

Hi lightning,

Good to see Moorcroft have demoted your case, that has to be worth something and maybe tell you something as well, i.e. they don't have legally supportable docs?

They are still trying it on with one of ours and have escalated to "Notice of Intended Litigation", full of all the usual ifs, buts, maybes and please call us to talk it over. Ho b****y ho!. The others they have sent to DML now who are even funnier.

regards

oilyrag.:)

I'm watching, I'm watching.:D

jed

Hi Jed. Latest letter from moorcroft now from their compliance dept hoping for a speedy solution. Told them how flawed their letter was. They assured me that they are acting for a client but still do not offer any proof. They still want me to send a letter to their client for the relevent documentation but I put them straight on that one telling them where the responsibility lies. Waiting eagerly for their reply ha ha. Catch you later

Regards Lightningd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jed. Just got another letter from moorcrofts compliance dept. They say they have assisted me in every possible way & have once again asked me to send £1 to Citibank for a copy of the original agreement. Told them the onus is on them not me & have no intentions of contacting Citibank. They also say they take harrassment & bullying seriously so I have sent a letter back asking why they send out threatening letters. Told them I now intend to ignore them until I get these documents.

Hi Oily. Last letter from Moorcroft asking me to send £1 to Citibank for copy of agreement. Told them not my responsibility but theirs. They say they have assisted me in every way so Ive told them why havent they complied with my requests. They say they take harrassment & bullying seriously so Ive asked them why they send out threatening letters. Catch you later.

• 3 months later...

Hi Jed. Quite some time since i have contacted you. Moorcroft seem to have handed things back to Citibank. These sent out documents of t&cs but said due to the act of 1998 they do not have to send a signed & dated copy. Wrote back & basically laughed at them.

Catch you later.

Lightningd

Edited by lightningd
spelling error

Hi lightningd, I've just read this thread again from start to finish, and what a difference a few months make!

From being not too sure what to do, you have gained in confidence in how to deal with these clowns.

You say they 'seem' to have handed back to Citi, have they wrote and told you this? They normally do.

I would not do anything now, just wait to see what happens. I'm pleased to see you are in control and not them.

jed

Hi Jed. Just received letter from capquest saying they will accept reduced figure or start legal action on or around aug 25. As amount now is only £175 from £300 plus, might offer £10 per month or call their bluff. Undecided at present but it would get them off my back. Will report them though to oft &ts. Will also threaten them that if i find they have broken any laws will start legal proceedings against them. True to form got letter today (sat).

Catch you later when i have decided.

Lightningd

Its entirely up to you lightningd, what you decide to do, but if it was me, I wouldn't give them a penny.

This 'reduced figure' thing is their final pathetic attempt at getting at least something off you to pay for the

letters and time they have spent on sending you this drivel. Its looks like they are not going anywhere

near a court to me.

Good luck.

jed

Hi Jed. Thanks for reply. This concerns an account with cap1 who brought in capquest to do their dirty work. Already got a letter to post to them mon calling their bluff.

Still awaiting reply from citibank having told them of moorcrofts antics.

Will keep you informed on both fronts.

Regards

Lightnind

Hi Jed. Ha ha. Sorry for laughing(no i`m not). Just had a letter from those nice people at Capquest. They have told me that they are now taking my account off their company system. Please wait until i wipe the tears from my eyes(tears of joy). They say they did not know about the dispute with Cap1. Funny I told them that in my first letter which they chose to ignore. So they have gone from going to put it in the hands of their solicitors to thanking me for trying to resolve the matter. A bit of knowledge goes a long way or perhaps they didn`t want to wait for the reply back from the Financial Ombudsman. Cap1 will have to deal with me themselves if i so choose.

Catch you later,

Lightningd

Edited by lightningd
grammar correction