Link financial

pebs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was telling my friend this afternoon about all the good advice I have had off this forum so she told me a problem she had to see if anyone could advise.

Basically her husband had a really well paid job so about 2 yrs ago he borrowed £30,000 from their mortgage company for home improvements.

He then lost his job last year and fell behind with payments and nearly lost their home but luckily he got another job just before they went to court, although only low wage, so the judge decided they could stay in their home and reduced the mortgage payments.

She said 2 wks ago they got a phone call from link financial saying they had taken over the £30,000 debt so she done an expenditure form and they asked for £60 a month, they said that would leave them with practically nothing over so would they accept £40 but he got quite nasty and said they could be really brutal and force sale of the house to get money back.....she is worried sick as they have children and dont have much money as it is.

First NEVER speak to these "people" on the phone as they will say anything to secure a payment.

When this went to court I assume that a CCJ was granted ?

Link cannot vary the judgement amount without filing a N245 and requesting a change to the payment thorough the court.

They can scream and shout as much as they want, but that's how it goes.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Not sure about the CCJ, I`ll ask her tomorrow. She did say there was a charge or something on the house over the debt so if they sell the house they have to pay the debt back, but link said they will try to force sale.

What should she do next?

Relax, Pebs. Link haven't a leg to stand on.

If they want higher payments, they have to go through the court, and if the Judge set payments at the current level, it's not likely that they would be raised, especially if incomings and outgoings are much the same.

They're just trying it on.

Vultures!

:mad: