Faulty Meter - liability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm probably different to most people using this site - I am not being chased for money I think I'm not paying enough!through not fault of my own!

I have today opened a utility bill where it shows a huge credit of £429.00, whats the problem, I have looked at the readings (actuals) and it would appear that somehow the night and day units are reversed so I have been charged the low rate where I should have paid the high rate, looking back this has probably been happening for over 2 years but I've never noticed, will I be liable because the meter is faulty or has been installed incorrectly?

My bill this quarter was £77.00 but I think it should have been around £320.00 for the quarter - although that sounds an awful lot and I would dispute that the meter is actually working correctly. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the result?

:!:

It could be working fine, simply the two totals have been transposed - this would mean your night rate was being charged for daytime consumption and vice versa. This will be easy for them to rectify, but you'll be hit with a large adjustment, which you can ask for time to pay (as it is their error).

The big bad news here is whatever electric you have used you will have to pay for.

I had a new meter fitted and it was wired up the wrong way and i ended up with a £1k undercharge. Which took me 2 years in instalments to pay. You meed to contact your supp;ier and sort it out. If you don't and when they realise. They will chase you and wreck your credit rating. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.