Just been issued with a ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whats the law regarding the location of my vehicle? On my ticket it says "Bus stop clearway, 10 yds from number 84. It should be number 384, the number 3 is missing from the door number. Is it a technicality I could appeal against?

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

Hiya is the ticket hand written or printed??

I once got a ticket that had a diget missing from my number plate and the court said that it wasn't correct and couldn't be enforced

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:)Surely life can't get any worse it has to only get better from hear on out:)

LTSB- My claim like thousands of others is Stayed

Cap 1-See my tread about that one

Barclaycard- Won before court stage

GE capital -2 accounts and LTSB card letter asking for refund stage (Waiting for out come of the above to carry on with these ones )

Sars sent for all my mums accounts

About to start PPI claims on My Mums accounts

Hiya is the ticket hand written or printed??

I once got a ticket that had a diget missing from my number plate and the court said that it wasn't correct and couldn't be enforced

Both cases are completely different having the wrong VRM would mean the wrong vehicle was issued with the PCN, getting the location wrong is another matter. You can contest it on the grounds that no. 84 has no bus stop out front and see how what happens.

A pcn must state ...

the grounds on which the parking attendant believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle

This does not specify a need for the exact location but just issuing a PCN for example for parking on a bus stop in Swindon would be deemed as too vague where as High st Swindon would be enough to stand as valid. The extra info is added to add substance to the Councils case but at the same time in some instances could be used against them. You could for example argue that you was parked 10yds in the other direction from 84 away from the bus stop but I expect it would be down to the adjudicators opinion if the PCN was valid. The use of photos if used would add weight to the PCN but once again unless the Council are feeling generous I would see it as going to adjudication. By law you can appeal against ANY pcn but winning appeal is another matter and the time and cost of appealing if it goes to adjudication needs to be considered if you were actually parked on the Bus Stop as it could end up costing you more in terms of time and effort.

green-and-mean makes valid points.

However, there are two questions to be asked

1) WTF is a bus stop clearway? Parking on a clearway and parking on a bus stop are separate offences.

2) What ever it is, does one exist 10 yds from number 84 (regardless of the fact that one may exist 200 house further along the street)

green-and-mean makes valid points.

However, there are two questions to be asked

1) WTF is a bus stop clearway? Parking on a clearway and parking on a bus stop are separate offences.

2) What ever it is, does one exist 10 yds from number 84 (regardless of the fact that one may exist 200 house further along the street)

Its a Bus Stop with a thick yellow line running along the kerb and red road surface in a yellow cage (box) with a stopping restriction its meant to differentiate it from an 'old fashioned' bus stop which is not always restricted in terms of parking as far as I'm aware.

Its a Bus Stop with a thick yellow line running along the kerb and red road surface in a yellow cage (box) with a stopping restriction its meant to differentiate it from an 'old fashioned' bus stop which is not always restricted in terms of parking as far as I'm aware.

All bus stops are required to have the thick yellow line and 'cage' to be enforceable. All such bus stops are restricted in terms of parking AFAIK.

That's why I was confused:?

All bus stops are required to have the thick yellow line and 'cage' to be enforceable. All such bus stops are restricted in terms of parking AFAIK.

That's why I was confused:?

The implementation of Bus Stop clearways made parking/stopping on a Bus Stop an offence in itself (with the correct markings) before that they would be enforced with yellow lines or by the Police for obstruction or not obeying a sign if it said buses only or similar. Clearways can be implemented without a TMO making the change over easier for councils to put in place. A 'Bus Stop' can be just that a place where buses stop and especially in rural areas will remain unrestricted.

This type of bus stop marking - wherever in the country it may exist, can no longer be enforced as a bus stop.

There is only now one bus stop marking - that with the thick yellow line (red on a red route apparently). Nothing else is a bus top

This type of bus stop marking - wherever in the country it may exist, can no longer be enforced as a bus stop.

There is only now one bus stop marking - that with the thick yellow line (red on a red route apparently). Nothing else is a bus top

Thats what I said? However you can still have Bus stops that are unrestricted it is not a legal requirement to restrict them. A 1028.3 can also be used for buses its just the stops with yellow cages that have been changed to clearways.

ive received a ticket saturday but they didnt put my car reg or what i had done wrong is that right

Convention has it that you start your own thread. Do not be surprised if a mod moves your post.

If they don't have your reg no, how will they find you?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 1 month later...

I won:D .........down to the addy error!!!

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though