provident loan/wiseman debt collectors

conradsfate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Peter once checked my provident agreement and came up with the following if it helps. I've contacted him again as I've just received a claim form from northampton. Will let you know what response I have from Peter.

The agreement is on page 356 of CCA thread

Re: Re Provident-(post 7117)

Quote:

Originally Posted by taurus66

Hi

I have onny glanced so far ut i see no interest ratewhich is of course a prescribed terms.

Also the apr is incorrect according to my calculations it should be 181%.

This could be construed as predudicial to the debtor in that the correct information was not supplied in order to make an informed choice and render the agreement unenforceable under 127(1)

I also take the point about the extortionate credit bargain.May i ask what the status of the account is currently.

PM me if you like

Best regards

Peter

My partner recieved a letter yesterday from them advertising the interest rate at 183.2%.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi,

Did the agent witness the signature herself? Looks that way and they did the same with me.

They are supposed to take it back to head office to be approved and witnessed by the area manager but alot of them seem to witness it themselves.

Something to bring up maybe?

Good Luck

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

It sound like a good idea.

They will not issue legal procedings as they will have to much to answer. Especially when tou explian to the court they failed to send an gent round and they failed to send you anything to help you pay them back the money and the argument over the interest rate.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

had a reply from letter i sent.

guess what they have sent me another expenduture and income letter with notice of intend action across the top and asking for payment by the 16th jan/08 or they are going to take court action.

they are on about balifs and county couirt fees. aarrgghhhh. help

Just send the letter again.

See what you get and tell them they have 7 days from recipt to reply to your letter.

Chrissi

• 6 months later...

an update on these,

they ignored all my letters and i eventually made a standing order with my bank to them and i have been paying provident a steady £5.00 a month.

so i'm slowly paying it back for i don't know how long...

i asked them if they could reduce the amount as i'm on income support - they said no.

some one did mention about the apr being wrong as i think this would be my only option but could any one help me on that as that's why i'm repaying them as i don't know anything about apr...

help!

You are in control of the standing order. Then u can change the amount to whatever you feel is within your means.

Write to them advising that due to the high living costs you are going to have to reduce the amount to something which you can afford.

If you want to talk about the apr then u need to speak to PT2537 about that as i am no good with apr either.

If you need any help with the letter then let me know.

Chrissi

• 3 months later...

Just to warn all of you ... these 'legal' loan sharks are now reporting their loans to us to the Credit Reference Agencies!

I'm spitting blood about this!

Even though I've not missed any payments and my account with them is up-to-date this flippin door step loan will remain on my CR for 6 flippin years.

What 'legit' lender will lend to me now!

• 3 weeks later...
Just to warn all of you ... these 'legal' loan sharks are now reporting their loans to us to the Credit Reference Agencies!

I'm spitting blood about this!

Even though I've not missed any payments and my account with them is up-to-date this flippin door step loan will remain on my CR for 6 flippin years.

What 'legit' lender will lend to me now!

Sorry to be so thick, but I thought all loans you take out are put on your credit files.

What would be the problem for someone like Provident appearing on your credit file. Is it a big black mark? I ask because I may need to borrow £500 from Provident asap.

Tezzaa

Provident are like a black mark. They are for the subprime really.

Not all loans appaired on your CRA in fact non of mine have so if Provvy were to mark anything it would be from 2004/5 so they can then remove it as it would be incorect info.