• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Alf v Barcalycard - RMA - 1st Credit - Connoughts - Now Mack Hall

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

subscribing. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

This post has become somewhat hi-jacked with irrelavent postings, but if you look back to my post #88 you will refresh yourselves with the case.

Since I involved Trading Standards last year regarding RMA/NCO's practices, it all went quite. Then I received the letter from Barclaycard enclosing a second copy of my so called CCA (see post # 88

Since that letter I have heard nothing until yesterday, when I received a letter purporting to be from Barclaycard. However I do not beleive for one minute that it came from Barclaycard.

It is on Barclaycard headed paper with 5 different font sizes of print and is a poor half faded photocopy, but the return address on the envelope is;

PO Box 278, Reigate, RH2 7WB.

The Barclaycard address on the letter is;

Barclaycard Collections, Barclaycard House, Norwich Way, Liverpool, L32 8UY.

I have never seen this address before on any letters relating to Barclaycard. There is NO telephone contact number show.

The body of the letter states;

Dear Mr XXX

RE: Your agreement with BARCLAYCARD

Relating to account Number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Balance Outstanding £X,XXX.XX

Our Ref: XXXXXXX

We hereby give notice of the assignment of the debt due to us by you in resect of the outstanding balance on your BARCLAYCARD account.

On 10/04/2008 your account was assigned to 1st Credit(Finance) Limited who are now the legal owners of the debt.

All further communication must therefore be addressed to 1st Credit (Finance) Limited at the address below:

1st Credit (Finance) Limited (OH LOOK, SAME ADDRESS THAT IS ON BACK OF THE ENVELOPE)

PO BOX 278

Reigate

RH2 7WB

Phone 0870 164 2041

Signed by someones swiggle, and no printed name

Head of Recoveries.

Now if this Notice of Assignment hasn't been sent by Barclaycard, which I doubt it has. Is this Notice valid?

Also I was told in writting months ago by Barclaycard that they no longer managed the account and to contact RMA/NCO, who at the time also reckoned they were the legal owners. This being the case should it not have been RMA/NCO who wrote to say it had been assigned to 1st Credit not Barclaycard?

I have had no demand for payment yet from 1st Credit, but I am sure it is only a matter of time, as one of the monkeys rang the other day, but I refused to answer security so he said "Stupid man, I will write to you"

What are 1st Credit like to deal with? The same as all the other desspot DCAs'

If this letter was not sent by Barclaycard, by impersonating another company are 1st Credit not conmitting a fraudulent act?

Any advice with this would be most welcome.

Alf

1st Credit are very similar to RMA/NCO in their behaviour towards alleged debtors. They certainly wouldnt win any prizes for manners or politeness. Still if RMA/NCO couldnt provide a proper CCA then there is little hope of 1st Credit producing one.

As for the letter purporting to be from Barclaycard this was probably a scanned copy of the barclaycard logo which they photoshopped to CONcoct a letter

that would be a good idea ODC.

I would then if barclay card admitt it is not valid report the fraud to the police.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

that would be a good idea ODC.

I would then if barclay card admitt it is not valid report the fraud to the police.

And of course Trading Standards :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That goes without saying citizen

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well I have indeed recieve my first written communication from 1st Credit today, dated 15/04/08.

Dear Sir/Madam (not even a name)

Re Your agreement with BARCLAYCARD (which agreement is this the one they could not supply)

Relating to Account number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Balaance outstanding £ XXXX. XX

We write to introduce 1st Credit Ltd to you. (How kind)

BARCLAYCARD has assigned to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd the full outstanding balance due under the agreement referred to above. As a result of this assignment, the full amount outstanding is due to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd immediately.

As the outstanding balance is owed to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd you should not make any payment to BARCLAYCARD (Don't worry, I won't) as it will take significantly longer to process the payment into your account. To discharge your outstanding balance, you now need to make payment direct to the appointed serviceing agent 1st Credit (Finance) LTd at the above address.

You should contact this office immediately so that we can agree payment terms with you. Failure on your part to do this will result in more formal recovery proceedings being taken against you.

In acordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will comply with any request for a copy of the Personal Information about you that is held on our computer system.

Send your request along with the administration fee of £5.00 ans a sae to the above address.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

MR NOBODY

On behalf of 1st redit Ltd

So what reply do I send to this lot, just the usual account is in dispute with the OC and previous DCA. Go Forth?

Comments welcome please.

Alf

Hi Alf. In response to your PM, as CB said earlier, the agreement is completely unenforceable. The prescribed terms can not be contained in a seperate document.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It depends when the agreement was taken out. In pre 2005 agreements the prescribed terms do not have to be on the same page as the signature. The 1983/1553 allow the signature to be contained anywhere within the agreement document which could run over several pages.

This oversight was remedied in the 2004/1482 regulations which includes the stipulation that the signature is contained within the solid block together with the prescribed terms (schedule 1 information).

However, nowhere in these regulations has it ever stated that part of the agreement can be presented in a seperate document.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for that ODC and Rory.

This leads to the question of what, if anything was printed on the back of this so called 'Application Agreement'

If it transpired in court that the original did I fact have the terms & conditions on the back, I would presume the judge would grant enforcement, but as they only every send copies of the front, we have no way of knowing.

I also note from B/C's letter that my account has been terminated? I though they had to have issued a valid default notice in order to do this? Not one of Mercers rubbish that doesn't conform to the regulations.

Thanks again for the info guys

Alf

Well wrote the the 1st Credit crew on 17th April.

Got a reply this morning.

Dear SIr/Madam (they still can't manage to address me by my name)

We refer to your recent communication requesting a copy of the relevent agreement. (WRONG - I told you the account was in dispute with the OC, no CCA sent after request last Sept and no default issue. Told you to return the account to OC for resolution)

We will shortly be advising our client (Client, you said you owned the debt last week?) of your request (Didn't ask you to do this) and the document will be sent to you (WILL be sent, you are very confident, I hope you don't mean another copy of the application form that has been sent twice) This process may take at least six to eight weeks. (Having a laugh arn't you - 12 days is the limit and that ran out last year)

Should your request also include the below documents (Hello, what request, I didn't make any) please be advised of the following:

Deed of Assignment-we would refer you to Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 which provides that the debtors is notified of the assignment of the debt in writing and not a copy of the deed itself. (Well as I never asked about a DOA, what are you on about, you sent some dodgy looking letter of assignment purporting to be from B/card last week. But I don't think for one minute B/card every sent it)

Copy statements-there is a charge of £10.00 for this information (Didn't ask for these either)

On receipt of the copy agreement we would expect you to contact this office immediately to arrage settlement of the debt (There you go again, 'UPON RECEIPT' of the agreement, more assumptions that something enforceable will be produced)

Please call this office should you wish to discuss this matter (No thanks, after reading your letter it would be like banging my head against the wall, so I will give it a miss)

Yours faithfully

Mr knowbody

ADMIN DEPT

Are these jokers for real? Or is this just a template letter that they send out to everybody that writes to them. They haven't answered one single question they were asked or attemped to resolve the complaint.

Waste of space like most DCA's

Hi I think a copy of your original letter to 1st Credit and write accross the top "READ THE FLAMING LETTER"

all the best dpick:)

Oh you dont know how many times I have wanted to include something like that in my letters to some of these morons :D

BCOBS

same ere.

one person has said to get them to read the letter put payment enclosed on the envelope

same ere.

one person has said to get them to read the letter put payment enclosed on the envelope

If you put PAYMENT ENCLOSED on the envelope you can be sure they will open it but as to whether anyone in the DCA will be able to read it thats another matter:rolleyes:

well we did not say they were actually able to read but being able to read it says payment enclosed would mean they learnt the basic requirements at DCA college

• 5 months later...

I have just checked my credit ref files for this month and 1st Crud have entered a default on my file.

The default date is 5th April 2007, which is the date on the default notice sent by Mercer, which we all know is not worth the paper it is written on. Original default balance £0.00

But this was long before 1st Crud were on this account, it was passed to RMA first and no entry on my file from them. 1st Crud were only assigned this account 10/04/08.

However at the bottom of the entry there is only one black 'D' with the date 05/08 the month after they got hold of it.

Then three 'padlocks' with dates 06/08-07/08-08/08 marked 'status unknown'

Are 1st Crud allowed to enter a default under their company name when the default notice, although invalid is from a seperate company? ie Mercers

They still haven't supplied any infomation that they said there were obtaining from their client disputing the liability from April this year, not heard anything from them since.

Is it worth having a go at them to remove this, or a waste of time?

Thanks

Alf

u can try but u can also have a notice of dispute put on and that way they will look stupid.

i would have something like.

Disputing this as they are curently try to collect on a zero balance account barclay card have numerous times admitted no balance but 1st credit dont care.

u can try but u can also have a notice of dispute put on and that way they will look stupid.

i would have something like.

Disputing this as they are curently try to collect on a zero balance account barclay card have numerous times admitted no balance but 1st credit dont care.

Ok Chrissy, will give that a try then. Thanks for the advice.