Iqor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have dealt with the CSA today and been told that IT IS statue barred as it (the assessment) took place before 12 July 2000 and that it cannot go before a court. The kind chap on the phone said you still owe the money but we have no way to enforce it!! Apart from DCA's. I thanked him for his time and departed a happy man knowing that being on benefits the DCA's cant get an attachment of earnings order. I called my bank and cancelled my debit card as DCA was taking £50.00 a month from account and asked bank for new card. All in all a good day

• Haha 1

Thanks for the response ODC appreciate it. Just sitting back and waiting for iqor to start sending those pointless letters again and I'll be able to hit 'em where it hurts as the debt is unenforceable and I got that straight from the CSA! so I'm laughing all the way to the bank, high ho, high ho, high ho its off to work I go(not!) best regards Phil

Remember to ask for a copy of their complaints procedure if they ever get in touch with you again Phil :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Eversheds tried to chase me for alleged CSA arrears a couple of months ago. They said 'we see from your file that you are employed, therefore we will be seeking a deduction from earnings order...'

I wrote back saying 'better update your file - I haven't worked since August last year, do your best boys'

They put my case on hold for 14 days. 2 months ago! :D

Haven't heard from Eversheds or the Cash Sucking Agency since.

(just in case anyone wishes to deride me for attempting to avoid paying my way, please let me point out that my 2 children live with ME, have done for 3 years, and their darling mother has not paid me a penny in that time! Arrears? I think not!:mad: )

;)

Rowbo, I suspect, from the tone of my dealings with CSA over these past months, that all they are interested in is balancing the books. They have acted (in my opinion) in a very heavy handed manner, and given me little chance to put my case. A letter one week regarding their alleged arrears, DCA letter the next week! They allege this situation goes back years, but this is the first time they've asked me for anything!

Keep in touch m8, we may need to gang up on them!

;)

Finished ranting now. Carry on....

Thanks for your responses Rory and Oneofakind. I too was struggling to pay for my child, but the more over-time I did the more money they wanted till it hit £2295. They were taking loads of money from me and the wife (wanted to take here wages into consideration, even though we had two children!). Short story I became ill and left work and wasn't contacted till August this year. Like you they said you pay £123.00 a month or we go to Debt collector. So set up payment with DCA, but cancelled that yesterday and cancelled card so they have had their chips. The assessment for the CSA took place before 12 July 2000 so its statute barred and this was confirmed by CSA. So looks like its the toothless DCA to fight. Till I met the guys and gals of this sight I would have stupidly paid these barstewards but not now, lets see £2295(csa), £11295(I think HSBC) and £2295(I think Mastercard) and they are all statue barred! Its a crying shame ain't it? BOO WHO! Oneofakind it looks like its me&you against the world mate!!!!! Bring 'em on, I'll carry you and feed you bullets and cheese and ham toasties and You can shoot up the DCA's as they pop their heads up!!! LOL best regards Phil&family

Bring 'em on, I'll carry you and feed you bullets and cheese and ham toasties and You can shoot up the DCA's as they pop their heads up!!!

Er.... you on medication, Phil?

If not, maybe you should consider it! lol.

That is the kind of reaction CSA tends to provoke, innit?

:D :D :D

(You'd have to be a very big boy to carry me btw, I'm no midget!)

On the matter of medication Oneofakond yes my friend in all seriousness I am medicated(Risperadal 5mg(anti-psychotic!) Carbamazepine 60mcg(mood stabiliser!) and paroxertine 60mcg(anti-depressant!)) so you can imagine what I want to do to a DCA when they rear their ugly head,LOL. Its all down to the PTSD mate, but we are getting there since joining this site. As for being a big boy to carry you I'm 6'3" and weigh 22 stone 10lbs muscular lad and train(weights) 4-5 days a week so I think I'd be able to carry you mate. Like I said I'll pass the bullets and you can take pot shots at the cluckers! Anyway best Regards mate, Phil&family

Bl**dy hell !

You're on OUR side, right?;)

That's a heavy burden you have to carry. I was on a cocktail of Lithium and 'Efexor' (I forget the full name of it now) for some time, and have only very recently managed to wean myself off. It ain't easy.

OK, so you're a bit bigger than me. What say you we go doorstep some debt collectors?

And finally... do you put Branston pickle in your cheese and ham toasties?

If you do, I'm in!

:D

Venlafaxine!

• Haha 1

Iqor do collection work for Lloyds TSB central collections, i've had some minor dealings with them and they seem quite reasonable.

I was being chased for an outstanding debt on my ex-wife's account and after sending a very in-depth and vitriolic letter to LTSB CC i received a very apologetic and groveling letter from iqor.

Thanks ODC I think you know where I'm coming from. They say that anger(RAGE I call it!) is a learned emotion and it can be turned on and off like a switch, trouble is my switch is stuck on!! Full on!!!! Sometimes I feel invincible and other times I could curl up and die. The meds, well they help to some extent but I think they just take the edge off, its still burning up inside, ready to explode. Oneofakind I'm on our side mate and **** me can I intimidate if I try...DCA's only though, wife knows and keeps me on a lead at all other times. Iqor are bullies like all DCA's and as far as I'm concerned they can Feck off! Would love to be in the office when they try to put my card details through the m/c and it says "NIL POINTS!" Anyway best regards Phil&family

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little update:- Iqor were due payment yesterday, but cancelled card details with bank(naughty me! wonder why?) and was issued with another! The phone is quiet but I'm relishing the fight ahead because I know theres nothing they can do- CSA said they can't go down the court route as its statue barred(assessment by CSA was before 12 July 2000 you see!) so its just a toothless DCA. Have changed my mobile number(shame that, lol!) and only have family and friends on this line(call barring). So its just those pretty coloured letters to look forward too, ahhh **** is that all....Best wishes to you all Phil

It seems the little devils have gotten hold of my wife's mobile number and want to talk to me....wonder why? LOL very loudly indeed! The nice lady said she wanted to talk to Mr.so-and-so and that it was an urgent business matter. I said that she had the wrong number lol. She said she was from a company in Preston and we all know who that is don't we? Tel:-01772 557600, yes we know who it is don't we? Its our friends Iqor again, oh how we(wife&I) laughed when she asked security questions, sadly she put the phone down on us, the cheeky mare!! Looks like the fight is on in earnest, heads down, arses up and drive on to the front. Looking forward to the mornings post...LOL. In control of my life again and liking it!!

Nice to see you looking in ODC and thanks for your support oneofakind

• 3 weeks later...

Had a pretty looking "threat-o-gram" from IQOR today, all different fonts and stuff-valid if not read by you, lol very loudly! I phoned the buggers too and had a brilliant arguement with this funny creature who didn't know her arse from her elbow!

Coversation went like this:-

Creature:- this is iqor

phil:- this is mr blah blah of blah blah, reference blah blah

Creature:- yes there seems to be a problem with your recent payment

phil:- yes I haven't paid it!

Creature:- Why?

phil:- because the debt your persuing is statute barred isn't it?

Creature:- UHHH! What does that mean?

phil:- I'll explain-my assessment with the CSA was april 1999 and that was the last time I had contact with them. On july 12th 2000 the law changed and csa payment after this date could be chased up, but not before this date, with me so far? I have had no contact with csa since april 1999. There is a statute of limitations on debts in this country, its 6 years. 1999 from 2007 is 8 years, so the csa have said they can't chase me for the debt through court as its statute barred you see.

Creature:- You will have to contact the csa to confirm that

phil:- already have, now I telling you its statute barred

Creature:- You'll have to pay it anyway. We'll put an attachment of earning order on you!

phil:- not bothered as its statute barred and by the way I don't work...laughs very loudly

Creature:- this isn't going anywhere

phil:- don't you want to threaten to send the boys round or try and intimidate me in another way?

Creature:- we'll get you another way

phil:- I'm shaking in my boots, honest I am! PLEEEEAAASSSEEE take me to court, PLEEEAASSSEEE I want you too

Creature:- this isn't going anywhere.....puts phone down! Cheeky Mare

So Iqor 0 Phil 1

• Haha 1

Hi all

a couple of weeks ago I posted this:

Hello all

I wonder if anybody could help me in the right direction. I am absolutely useless on the phone and start stuttering so would rather communicate with letters.

My joint account was £400 overdrawn, despite letters from the Halifax which I stupidly ignored, I now have a letter from Blair Oliver and Scott saying I now owe them a total sum of £1,052.22. Should I write direct to the Halifax asking for a breakdown of these sums or communicate with Blair?

The advice I got was to send a SAR to the Halifax and copy in Blair. I did this and up to know havent heard anything but today received a letter from iQor saying they have instructions from the Halifax to recover the £1,052.22 with quite a scary "our actions will continue regardless of whether you read this notice or not".

Can they do this? I am not disputing the fact that I owe them £400.

Your help would be very very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

Hi all

a couple of weeks ago I posted this:

Hello all

I wonder if anybody could help me in the right direction. I am absolutely useless on the phone and start stuttering so would rather communicate with letters.

My joint account was £400 overdrawn, despite letters from the Halifax which I stupidly ignored, I now have a letter from Blair Oliver and Scott saying I now owe them a total sum of £1,052.22. Should I write direct to the Halifax asking for a breakdown of these sums or communicate with Blair?

The advice I got was to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the Halifax and copy in Blair. I did this and up to know havent heard anything but today received a letter from iQor saying they have instructions from the Halifax to recover the £1,052.22 with quite a scary "our actions will continue regardless of whether you read this notice or not".

Can they do this? I am not disputing the fact that I owe them £400.

Your help would be very very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

MOST IMPORTANT

DO NOT RING THESE PEOPLE.

Write to them informing them that this matter is in dsipute with Halifax/HBOS and that you will not be entering into any correspondence with them whilst this matter is in dispute.

Do not make any admission of liability

At the top of your letter type in large bold letters. I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

Curlyben has an excellent Feck Off letter which I can post for you but as he is floating around this morning I will let him post it.

You can get the idea of the clowns you are dealing with when they are stupid enough to type ''Valid even if not read by you''.

This must rate as one of the most pointless sentences in the English language