Nationwide and claiming beyond 6 years

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is clear from recent statements made by Graham Beale the incoming chief of Nationwide that they are fully aware that their penalty charges are unfair and that they are profit making.

The fact that they have continued to levy them and deny that they are unlawful in my view puts them squarely outside the protection of the Limitation Act 1980.

I believe that claimants may now rely on s.32 of the Act to make claims for all of their money regardless of how long ago it was taken from you.

If you are making a claim then we would suggest that you claim as far back as you need to to get all of your money back.

If you have accepted a payment in full and final settlement we would suggest that Beale's admission has now vitiated your agreement to full and final settlement and that you should consider going back and getting the rest.

You can do this by starting a claim in the normal way. If the bank trues to rely on your previous full and final settlement, then you can riposte with your argument that you believe that you have been deceived by the bank (if in fact you do) and that you believe that this vitiates your previous agreement.

As usual if the bank wants to dispute any of this then they have only to go into court and present their case and let the judge decide.

This could have massive implications !

Bankfodder, I know you are extremley busy but if you get a chance to have a look at this I would really appreciate your in put.

AS a general outline it is a business that filed for bankruptcy in 1990 due to massive bank charges being applied. The overdraft was reduced from £80000 to £40000 overnight resulting in obvious cash flow problems and charges snowballing.

Here's the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/68393-midland-business-acc-pre.html

Thanks

Hope

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

The pre 6 yr debate is not new. What is new is the Nationwide statement and this tends only to apply directly to the Nationwde at present.

I haven't had the time to look through your thread but if you have become bankkrupt then your debts, liabilities and rights are probably water under the bridge now.

Without real evidence of real wrongdoing there is probably little you can do now

Thanks for taking the time to reply Bankfodder.

I knew it was always going to be a shot in the dark trying to claim !

With regard to it being just Nationwide at the moment, lets hope the rest of them see the light and follow suit.

Hope

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

So, if there are no complications involving bankruptcy, etc, does this leave the way clear to take Nationwide on further back than six years?

I've been with them over 20 years and it adds up to a lot of money.

Anyone with the legal knowledge that can clarify this? I'd like something to give me a bit of confidence before I tackle their Data protection team to get ALL my statements back (I've no intention of stumping up a further tenner to get these, either).

The people I've spoken to at Nationwide have been so pompous and arrogant that I'd really love to see them take a real kicking over this.

In for a penny, as they say...

I'm sending a further request to the Data Protection team today, asking for details of the rest of my penalty charges or copies of my statements back to when I opened the account, which was around 1983 or '84.

I have a real axe to grind with Nationwide. I've been unfortunate enough to have been made redundant three times in the last six years and every time I've been out of work and requested help, they seem to have taken great pleasure in kicking a man when he's down. I'm currently claiming around £1500 from the last six years, have had the usual letters from the usual people, and will be issuing court papers tomorrow (Friday).

I'd appreciate any help or advice with this from the moderators, or anyone else for that matter and I'm not sure if I might be the first one to go down this route.

(Healthy sized donation to this site assured in the event of victory).

Hi, I am claiming for 1998-2000 and the hearing is on 9th March. The Nationwide are defending citing the limitation act. I have researched thoroughly and feel I have a good basis for contesting this.

I share your sentiments entirely, they really go out of their way to make life difficult when times are hard, don't they.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...