• Tweets

• I see jenrick has stuck his head up with them, and I'm sure this wont faze their nasty rhetoric one wit-less UK growth since 2010 has been lacklustre and largely driven by immigration, says report UK growth since 2010 has been lacklustre and largely driven by immigration, says report | Economic growth (GDP) | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Resolution Foundation report suggests parties are dodging the economic challenges facing the country   Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it Immigration: how 14 years of Tory rule have changed Britain – in charts | General election 2024 | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it    
    • Will get them done asap My job changes week to week so at the time I didn’t know. 
    • You will probably get a couple more reminders followed by further demands fro unregulated debt collectors with even increasing amounts to pay. They are all designed to scare you into paying.  Don't. It's a scam site and they do not know who was driving and they know the keeper is not liable to pay the PCN. Also the shop was closed so they have no legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear. So to charge £100 is a penalty as there is no legitimate interest which means that the case would be thrown out if it went to Court.  Keep your money in your wallet and be prepared to ignore all their letters and threats. Doubtful they would go to Court since a lot more people would not pay when they heard  MET lost in Court. However they may just send you a Letter of Claim to test your resolve.  If yoy get one of those, come back to us and we will advise a snotty letter to send them.  You probably already have, but take a look through some of our past Met PCNs to see how they are doing.
    • Hello, been a while since I posted on here, really hoping for the same support an advice I received last time :-) Long, long story for us, but basically through bad choices, bad luck and bad advice ended up in an IVA in 2016. The accounts involved all defaulted, to be expected. In 2018, I got contacted by an 'independent advisor' advising me that I shouldn't be in an IVA, that it wasn't the solution for our circumstances and that they would guide us through the process of leaving the IVA and finding a better solution. I feel very stupid for taking this persons advice, and feel they prey on vulnerable people for their own financial gain (it ended with us paying our IVA monthly contribution to them)-long and short of it our IVA failed in 2018. At the same time the IVA failed we also had our shared ownership property voluntarily repossessed (to say this was an incredibly stressful time would be an understatement!) When we moved to our new (rented) property in August 2018, I was aware that creditors would start contacting us from the IVA failure. I got advice from another help website and started sending off SARs and CCAs request letters. I was advised not to bury my head and update our address etc and tackle each company as they came along. Initially there was quite a lot of correspondence, and I still get a daily missed call from PRA group (and the occasional letter from them), but not much else. However, yesterday i had a letter through from Lowell (and one from Capital One) advising that they had bought my debt and would like to speak with me regarding the account. There will be several.of these through our door i suspect, as we did have several accounts with Capital One. Capital One have written to us with regular statements over the last 5 years, and my last communication with them was to advise of of our new address (June 2019), I also note that all of these accounts received a small payment in Jan2019 (i'm assuming the funds from the failed IVA pot). Really sorry for the long long post, but just thought id give (some of) the background for context.... I guess my question at the moment is.....how do I respond to Lowell...do I wait for the inevitable other letters to arrive then deal with them all together or individually...? Do I send them a CCA?  Many thanks
    • hi all just got the reminder letter, I have attached it and also the 2nd side of the original 1st pcn (i just saw the edit above) Look forward to your advice Thanks   PCN final reminder.pdf pcn original side 2.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Have a look at who are members of the CSA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst replying to another thread, I came accross this:

CSA Website

If I said what I think I'd be banished to the nawty corner :lol:

And after reading their code of practice and picking myself up off the floor from laughing, I'd be permanently there...

CSA Website

(Don't worry, the link's aren't the same when you click them ;) )

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CSA will let anyone join, as long as they pay. Just try complaining about one of their "members" and see how far you get

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

How kind of them to supply personal email addresses. Now if I were a Nigerian General who had 15 million US Dollars belonging to a dead politician and looking for someone to be my business partner ...............

What kills me is the slogan, (the one that keeps changing at the top of the members list).

"Serve and Protect"

Think they must watch reruns of Hill Street Blues.

David

"Serve and protect the interests of members"

This one is funny too:

"Integrity and efficiency provided in all business activities"

"Serve and Protect" the Humberside Police motto too.

I wonder if they fancy themselves as bastions (or similar sounding word) of law & order?:D

Well a lot of them, allegedly, like to make cusotmers/victims believe being in debt is a criminal offence and that they could end up in prison :eek:

Perhaps we should attach a copy of their code of practice to any letters we have to send to them!

Great idea. Highlight the ones they've broken for ease of reference ;) The downside to that would be that many would be completly highlighted and we'd need an enormous supply of highlighter pens :rolleyes:

Great idea. Highlight the ones they've broken for ease of reference ;) The downside to that would be that many would be completly highlighted and we'd need an enormous supply of highlighter pens :rolleyes:

not to mention the reams of paper and printer ink that would be wasted, you would need a rain forest just to provide the paper

not to mention the reams of paper and printer ink that would be wasted, you would need a rain forest just to provide the paper

Be eco freindly like me and use xerox's finest recycled stuff :p

What did you expect ............. them to admit they are a bunch of **** bags who live off the misfortunes of others ............... no realistic chance of that was there.

Incidentally the site is set up to give a veneer that they are all responsible firms who wouldn't dream of breaking the law. It's for the benefit of the politicians who have unfortunately fallen for it hook line & sinker

What did you expect ............. them to admit they are a bunch of **** bags who live off the misfortunes of others ............... no realistic chance of that was there.

Incidentally the site is set up to give a veneer that they are all responsible firms who wouldn't dream of breaking the law. It's for the benefit of the politicians who have unfortunately fallen for it hook line & sinker

Politicians aren't that stupid, mostly. A lot of them have a finger in the DCA 'pie' :rolleyes:

Politicians aren't that stupid, mostly. A lot of them have a finger in the DCA 'pie' :rolleyes:

Of course they do. Having given the money lenders free rein to rip off the consumer (particularly the less well off) they now see it as a growth industry ripe for investment & jobs

I may have mentioned before that the CSA reminds me of a group of well-dressed individuals meeting in a public lavatory for the purpose of mutual masturbation. They know deep down that what they are doing is unacceptable to most people, but they think that if they appear to be respectable no-one will be any the wiser and will think them all pillars of society.

Their code of practice is a particularly meaningless document, as is their pretence that they regulate their membership in any recognisable way.

If the reptiles who run the debt collection industry (a name they themselves appear to dislike, preferring the misnomer 'credit services'), wish to delude themselves that they are part of a responsible industry that is always fully compliant with regulatory rules and the law, who are we to disabuse them? Confusing politicians isn't difficult - remember the WMD dossier - but what have they actually achieved? The risible - and widely ignored - debt manifesto, and tha organisation of a golf tournament and conference appears to be the pinnacle of their activity.

Best ignored, in my view, except for amusement purposes.

• Haha 3

What astonishes me is that the CSA are shocked at the actions of their members.:rolleyes:

Their President (appointed last year) is also the Director of one the 'worst DCAs' that we see here every day.:evil:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The CSA's current Fuehrer is Kurt Obermaier.

In an article about debt collectors in the Independent in February, entitled 'Merchants of Misery', Herr Obermaier said: "there are bound to be people who are complaining and trying to find ways of avoiding their responsibilities." Well, he'd know all about avoiding responsibility, since the failing to comply with regulatory and legal obligations appear to be standard operating procedures to CSA members.

I suppose Herr Obermaier's excuse will be that he is only following orders...

Kurt Obermaier is the CSA's Executive Director.

Najib Nathoo is CSA President.

Najib Nathoo is also the Director of 1st Credit.

1st Credit

Today 1st Credit has over 3.2 million accounts with a face value of £4bn under management.

The company was established in April 2001 by directors Mike Cleary, Najib Nathoo and Charles Holland. Brief biographies for each director can be found by clicking here.

1st Credit consistently achieves industry-leading collection rates, due to its policy of constructive negotiations with account holders, taking into account individuals' personal situations to achieve the optimum results. Major blue-chip companies trust 1st Credit to collect on their behalf due to this responsible attitude towards Account Holders.

To find out more about the innovative range of services 1st Credit offers corporate clients click here.

In addition to traditional outsourced debt collection services, 1st Credit has been at the forefront of the debt purchase market in the UK and has invested more than £230m in purchase contracts with clients from all industry sectors.

1st Credit's strong cashflows and financial backing from private equity house Bridgepoint Capital and their banking partners allow the company to enter into regular forward flow deals and to forge long-term relationships with clients at Board level.

Further information about the services 1st Credit offers is available from the Services section of the website.

• Haha 1

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Their President (appointed last year) is also the Director of one the 'worst DCAs' that we see here every day.:evil:
Why dou you think they made him president. Bit liike the Lunatics taking over the Asylum

1st Credit consistently achieves industry-leading collection rates, due to its policy of constructive negotiations with account holders, taking into account individuals' personal situations to achieve the optimum results.

I was going to say that you couldn't make this utter dog-toffee up, but someone at 1st Credit clearly has. Sadly, this sort of pathological lying appears to be present throughout the debt industry. It seems that those in charges invariably seek to present a false picture of themselves to the outside world. Perhaps it helps them to feel comfortable about themselves.

Of course, if I'm wrong about the directors of 1st Credit, then I'd apologise unreservedly - but I'd have to wonder how any manager could be so out of touch with the way their staff actually operate.