ESA and exemption

GamerNic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter says esa is "based on what the law says you have to live on and contributions record"

This means award is both income based & CB, is that correct?

Also when applied claimant told it must be IB to include partner.

So claimant entitled to prescriptions etc as claim is part IB?

Insomniac panic may be over, was worried as p60 showed full amount as taxable, but decision letter clearly shows in calculation "income related amount is £(weekly amount)"

So I can tick the esa ir box at the dentist? So confusing, can anyone confirm?

(Jcp staff said think so but they were so unsure I don't trust them & don't want to call helpline if I can avoid it)

The main bit that worries me is that the full amount on p60 shows as taxable but the letter shows full weekly amount as income related, it makes no sense to me at all.

There should be a final page which states how much income based ESA you have? It should say you have contributions based of x, which counts as income. The law states you need to live y and z is y - x

Yeah, it doesnt say any amount is CB, it just says income related entitlement is 143.90 less total income of 0.00 so your income related entitlement is 143.90 (which is the full weekly amount.) It was just the p60 that confused me, but if my letter says IR then I must get exemption. Thanks for your help, these benefits are confusing.