Direct Line Family Legal Protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Direct Line refused to pay for me to see a solicitor totake on the banks over credit card charges and damages because 'a credit card contract is not a contract for a service' in the terms of the 1982 Delivery of Goods and Services Act. I called them on this and they took a step back, changed their argument to, 'we need to know how much you intend to claim, so that we know it's worthwhile,' (no provision for them claiming this in my insurance contract). When I called them on this saying that I wouldn't know how much I was going to claim until I saw a solicitor, they changed the argument yet again to, 'we can't cover you because you took out legal insurance after the date of the 6 year limitations period on the charges that you want to claim back.

Messing me about or justified?

Martin B

• 1 month later...

In my experience with DL, if it's black and white they'll pay up.

But, if its grey (or they think it is), they'll keep trying to fob you off.

From what I've heard though, they tend to sit up and take notice if you get the FOS involved.

You can download a Complaint form from Financial Ombudsman Service

Good luck!

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***

I have Tesco Family Legal Protection Policy...Same there if its black and white Yes they will help..In my case I was told you signed for PPI insurance..so No Case..wot a load of Crap..

Mind you I now have lodged Complaints with The FSA FOS and the FISA, so once i get reply from them I might just give Tescos another call..

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.