Two accidents - What to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a new member and I'm so glad I found this site..so hello there..and help would be appreciated :!:

Ok ..

Last month in my car on my way to work, I was stationary and was hit from behind. They admitted liability & that claim is going through the motions. 2 estimates went in .. both for around £1250.

A write-off seemed iminent. I bought my car for £650.

The damage was underneath the bumper, the boot lining had been twisted and dented quite badly.

Then just over a week ago, on my way to visit my daughter, the same happened again.

I was stationary and a transit sized van ploughed into the back of me.

The damage was in a different location, on the boot lid itself.

I took my car back to the same two garages that prepared the first two, as they would know exactly what accident caused what damage.

The two new estimates came back as £1300 & B.E.R (beyond economical repair)

It would need an entire new boot lid & new rear windscreen.

I have just had an inspection done for the first accidents third party insurer & he concluded that I had two options.

Whilst he agreed it would likely be written off as B.E.R - I could accept a cash settlement (he said he is recommending slightly more than I paid for it, to the insurers) and I keep the car, as it is safe to drive.

He saw the new damage and agreed it had nothing to do with the first accident (the one he's dealing with)

So .. my question is .. can I accept the settlement for the first accident, if there's a strong liklihood that the car will be written off after the second one and there will be a payout due to that?

I've tried to ask my own insurance company but the 2 accidents are being dealt with by separate umbrella companies and my head is spinning.

I just want it sorted..but sorted correctly!

Any help is much appreciated

Regards

Lou

Souds as though this could ba long winded affair!

I would deal with them individually; the first one has inspected the car and agree a settlement.

then the second one, however their liability will be limited due to the first accident so I would expect a very much reduced settlement being offerd.

Just see what they offer and go from there.

The second insurer would only be liable for any change in scrap value to your car, i.e. if it now has to be crushed instead of being allowed back on the road after you have repaired. This will probably only be a minimal amount.