• Tweets

• 1 Date of the infringement 29th May 2023 2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 2nd June 2023 PDF scan done Redacted and Attached 3 Date received 8th June 2023 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No, not directly but has some wording about transfer to keeper 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, Entry and Exit times 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes, Panicked thinking JustPark had not updated Alliance with payment details HOWEVER not revealed the driver id Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up I think so (very brief email, saying appeal failed, due to OVERSTAY of 17min) 7 Who is the parking company? Alliance Parking 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Harlyn Bay, Cornwall For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS   This PCN is similar to @Kahunaburger in that it was a bank holiday weekend and car park was rammed. It was a very hot day, and we were first time parkers in this car park (not knowing the Alliance ANPR Scam in play). We entered the car park looking for our friends who were 2 mins ahead of us. As the car park was in overspill mode there were 2 other fields open and after doing a circuit gave up looking and after a few more mins trying to find a space parked up on the grass at the top of the field. N.B. There were no signs anywhere near us. We had to unload the kids, dog and beach bags etc .. and most importantly water the dog as he was so hot. Then made our way across the fields to the parking machine. As it was so busy there was a big queue, so attempted to book with justpark (which took an age getting a signal). Eventually paying for 4 hours. Upon leaving we were notified by Justpark that our time was up so proceeded to make our way back to the car, and within 6min had left the car park. So it was 11min to make the booking on JustPark and 6min after our 4hr time was up.   On 5th May 2024 we got a Letter of Claim and decided to post up here .. As for next steps, we guess from others post on this forum we understand we need to write a "Snotty Letter" with a few key points. Has anyone got best advice? otherwise we'll cobble something together from others posts. AllianceParkingScam-NTK+LOC-Jun23.pdf  
    • The return to principles-based regulation? Eric Leenders on Consumer Duty, AI and the wider economyView the full article
    • Hi, New to the forums (but can see I will become active). I recenttly changed fixed line/broadband suppliers. They are not that cheaper than my incumbents were. However, I foudn out their service levels for technical support are woefully inadequate. Basically business hours Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. I had an issue where I lost all aserve (phone and broadband) on Sat eve and they did not pic up the ticket untiul this morning 9am (Monday), and they say between 24 and 48 hours before will get in touch. So, between 2.5 and 3.5 days I will be without service - add a day if this happened on a bank holiday weekend. I purchased it online from a reputable comparison/switch site, and there was nothing to indicate such poort SLAs, nor easily found on the web site of the provider. In fact, their out of hours recorded telephone message states that one can get support 24 hours on their website, which turns out to be their FAQs. I will go through ther T&Cs foresincally, however, assuming they contain the service level agreement (buried in there at section 10, it looks like), do I have any rights. I would like to void the contract without having to pay it out because they do not meet the standards one would (or shoudl) expect of a Telco without making it obvious before purchasing. I know there is a 14 day cooling off period, but, especially with the reliance on broadband (and the fact I live in a rural area, so the alternative of mobile boradband is not practical), there would be an obligation for the supplier to be very clear of the SLA?   I know I can try an OFCOM ombudsman, but would like to understand my legal standing before I try.   Kind regards, JA  
    • Because it's 5pm. My case is tomorrow morning. I'd be lucky if they take it now....so I'll probably still have to change it.... Here is that page that was missing.  If there is any other way I can help please let me know. Super grateful for the help I received! Do you know if I must send my Witness statement to the other party as well or just to the court? THanks! FIRST PAGE OF WITNESS STATEMENT.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Home Contents Insurance Bill for debris removal deducted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anybody help me regarding home contents insurance. June 2010 we had a house fire and are in the process of fighting for some of our contents money that has been deducted for the removal of debris after the fire. I have searched my policy and terms and conditions to see if this would be deducted and could not find it anywhere. I rang the insurance company and asked them if they could point it out to me. I was told that it is not on there, as they cannot put all the details on, and that money deducted for debris removal was normal practice. Surely if we were never advised that this was the case or if it is not in any policy documents they cannot do this. When I took out the policy I used the 'contents calculator' and took my contents cover based on this and thought that I had enough contents insurance to cover me and my family if ever the worst happened, at no stage did I expect nearly 15% of my claim to be deducted for removal of debris after a house fire, if I had know I would have got extra cover.

Has anybody had this situation, I am going throught the insurance companies complaints procedure at the moment and then I expect to have to go to the ombudsman.

Sounds a bit odd to me. Debris removal is just part of the costs of dealing with the claim. If they were able to deduct this, the would have to include this in the wording of the policy. Make a complaint and threaten to ask the FOS to look into this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have sent a letter of complaint to the CEO regarding this and I had a letter back yesterday from their loss adjuster, they are still stating that

'The policy provisions in addition to the contents sum insured for the reasonable cost of temporary storage, however, any other associated costs ie. in relation to disposal fall within the contents limits'.

I still cannot see where this is in our policy document and they never gave any indication when the lose adjuster came that we would be charged over £5000 of our contents insurance to cover cost of clearing the damaged furniture out. As you can imagine we have now had to borrow money from family to replace some items. Other items will have to be bought over time. Even though our policy was old for new, due to the cost of the removal of debris they have not paid out for quite a few items or given us only a percentage of what they cost to replace. I am going to wait for their letter with the final decision then take this further.

You may have a good case, when it comes to buildings, usually in the wording it will include the costs of removing debris and paying for surveyors etc, where in contents, to my knowledge this is not listed.

On the downside, I suppose the cost has to come from somewhere. If the insurer said they wouldn't remove them for you as it's not what you were covered for what would you do? The alternative is that you reimburse the costs.

Are they not offering replacement on a lot of the items? that gives a discount and manages to lower the amount spent, increasing the remainder of the contents pot.

As long as you can get by with the amount so far offered, accept this as an interim payment - you can legally bank/accept this and in your case I'd go through the FOS route.

Hi, no they never gave us the option of clearing away stuff ourselves which would have been a lot cheaper getthing friends and family to help, plus the cost of 3 skips. My point is that at no time was it mentioned that the cost would come out of our contents money, or that they would be getting 3 quotes to get the best deal for us to remove all the damaged items. I have always read any policy that I get and if it was mentioned anywhere that the cost of clearance would come out of contents if you were unfortunate to have a fire or flood then I would have increased my contents to cover these circumstances. Surely something as important as that should be on a policy by law. It is a legal document. I am expected to tell them everything that could effect any insurance claim but it seems to me they get away with the excuse 'we cant put everything down'.

We have never been given the option for replacement items in the whole 9 months since the fire. An example of items that we have not been paid out for, a watch that the loss adjuster took a picture of, replacement cost £495 total amount paid out from insurance company £0. Play station with games and accessories replacement value £305 total paid out by insurance company £131, which can just about get the play station (not the one my children had) from ebay. My laptop that was 6 months old £499 which I replaced at £499 they have only given me £369. The list is endless, the amount of things that we got a big fat £0 for is amazing as they had proof of purchase or photographes to prove that we did have these items. My cover was new for old.

Edited by ldm380
spelling mistake

Who are your insurers?

I think the fact you send in a CEO complaint and the loss adjuster answers it says a lot, clearly a complany with no strong complaint proceedures in force. They should have someone viewing it internally, whilst not independent, with a mindset of what could happen if you take this to the FOS.

Apologies about what you already know, Like for like/new for old etc, should give you the current retail replacement, not a second hand value, whilst some goods may have come down (i.e. the computer as the spec after 6 months becomes outdated), most have not.

They have no reason to ask for receipts etc, they cleaned them away !

There is always a chance the FOS will side with the insurer, you do pay for contents cover as a total rather than anything else, the FOS may take that view, but even if you don't win that part, the rest of it needs to be looked into and reviewed.

As said above, any payment you take from them does not have to be accepted as full and final setlement, so take what they are prepared to give for now and work on it.

Hi, most of the items we have replaced cost the same because the 'old' stuff was fairly new as we had just had our house refurbished, also the VAT increase put some of the items up ie, washing machine and tumble dryer up in cost. When you buy contents insurance you are asked or can calculate the cost of replacing your contents, at no stage does it give any details as to the cost of removal of debris after a house fire or flood. Does this mean that a high percentage are under insured without knowing it? My neighbour, who's house where the fire started, got the full value of their contents, plus they were paid for clearing the debris, no monies came out of their contents insurance to pay for this. The reason I am so angry with what is going on is the fact that it is not in the policy regarding removal of debris, it is not on the AA's contents calculator, and at no stage during meetings with the lose adjuster was it ever explained. He has only put in writing that the £50 excess will have to be deducted off of the claim.

Edited by ldm380
add word