• Tweets

• Ok I got the Parking company wrong. Sorry. The WS Witness Statement  is what you will need to complete if NPE decide to go to Court. So are you saying that when they finally got round to sending you the correct documents, they dated the new NTH the same date as the original NTH? I hope you have kept the original one and the correspondence with NPE, yourself and the ICO. So yes, please post everything up.
    • Why are you paying them anything? you are just running out the statute barred clock to infinity. Personally I'd stop paying them immediately, and ignore any further communication from them unless it's a letter of Claim.  Also have you moved since taking out the Credit card, if so you need to write to them with your current address.
    • No they must've redacted the contract, that was like that when I received it. Yes correct I was there for 90 seconds!  Yes I uploaded the whole contents of their response to my CPR31.14, which included the original PCN 
    • Hello, I have an old Capital One credit card debt under £1500 for which I've been paying £1 a month for 5+ years. I did a CCA request to Lowell and received the original signed CA plus statements from date of inception to the end of 2019. I can see from the statements that no payments were credited to the account for all of 2019. I know payments were made as they were part of my DMP with Payplan. At the time the account was with Fredrickson.  They have not provided any statements from 2020 to present and I am writing to them to request these. So I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable? I've trawled the forums and Google searched but can't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked before. Any input most appreciated, thank you :-)  
    • Thank you for your comments everyone. I have spoken to Ico about recording my phone calls for my personal use and also mentioned it to a law firm they said i was ok as long as it was not shared and for my personal use. I would never share it. I can easy prove i need to record on disability grounds.. I normally make videos how i am to document my conditions and how i am affected. I have in the past obtained a phone call to doctors to reception by GDPR. Normally I have my partner with me now. The only way i found is to have a advocate with me. even with my partner with me a trainee gp seen a short video and said in front of my partner “are they voluntary or involuntary”   
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

No Worries Loans and Yes Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

First off - sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

I think the best way to describe this case is to copy the letter which I wrote to ''No Worries Loans''

''Dear Sir/Madam

I called to enquire about a loan yesterday and gave my details in order to be provided with more information.

At the end of the conversation with the representative, I informed them that I was not happy with the terms and conditions

and asked them to withdraw my application and asked them to destroy my details. I made this very clear. The representative

was very unhappy with me and hung up the phone on me.

Throughout the conversation, the loan adviser was incredibly forceful and I felt like I was being forced to take something that I was not happy about paying for. If you listen to the conversation that we had, you will hear this. They practically cornered me. When the adviser couldn't agree something with me, they put me through to a supervisor who intimidated me.

They did not destroy my details, instead debited the funds from my account.

My account was debited today for GBP59.99 WITHOUT my consent.

This is theft.

I have just spent the past hour and a half on the telephone this morning trying to get through to someone who can assist me.

Having been transferred to the ''concern'' department NINE times, with absolutely no response, I am now writing to ask for the money

back which you have stolen from me. No one seemed very ''concerned''.

The customer number I was given is 0871 4240240

Reference XXXXXX

I clocked up about GBP15 worth of phonecalls trying to get through to someone to ask for the money back which you have stolen from me.

You debited the funds form my account incurring me a GBP25 overdraft charge.

Please refund my account immediately with said funds.

That was the first one.... I still have not yet received contact from this company and they have my money... they told me that they're waiting on the ''tapes'' of the telephone conversation and the request has been sent to India but it'll take several weeks to come through...!!

The second company was ''Yes Loans''. They ''guaranteed' to offer me a loan and after several attempts with a number of different creditors, were unable to offer me one.

Yes Loans sent me to another agency which was going to declare me ''unable to pay my bills'' and write letters to my bank stating that I couldn't pay my overdraft, which was complete lies... they kept asking me ''are you struggling to pay your bills?'' to which I replied ''no I'm not''... ''are you sure?'' was the response I'd get. They explained that this company would only give me the money if they thought I was ''struggling''... I obviously decided not to take this course of action and called them asking for a refund of the £59.50 which I gave them for helping me to find a loan. They told me to write an email stating that I wanted a refund, which I did. Six weeks later, I still have not received the funds back....

I really don't know what to do next..... :-| I feel like such a complete mug for making the same mistake twice.

Grateful for advice

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had applied for a loan with Yes Loans. I was told i was accepted over the phone for the amount i required. Weeks went by with no response or letters and i was £59.99 out of pocket. (Application Fee).

Gave em a call and apparantly i had failed a Credit Check. Wouldn't it have been easier to do the check first lol.

I fought for my Fee Back and was told that it would take 3 months. Still no refund. I am to this day still chasing them and would also like some advice!

When I have dealt with Yes Loans, I have simply sent one letter saying "refund my payment in respect of your brokerage fees within 7 days by cheque".

They did actually send me a cheque within 7 days, excluding a £5 admin fee.

I've been waiting over 4 weeks now for a response and called them yesterday to be told that they'd received my letter but hadn't gotten around to responding to it yet. The representative was unable to give me information as to whether I would get my money back or not. :(

Still haven't had any contact from No Worries Loans yet either.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have applied for loans with both Yes and No Worries, both stated that i had been accepted for the loan and the loan amount i required.

a few days later i received text messages from both stating i had been accepted and my loan was ready and to call a number provided.

when i rang them they went through a long process to get my income and outcome details and at the end stated that i did not have enough outgoings to qualify for either loan.

i was told i could have a refund but after 60 days.

suprisingly the £59.50 yes loans took on the 10/06/08 and the £59.99 that no worries took on the 19/05/08 have not yet been refunded to my account.

I still haven't received a refund from either after several letters and emails... not even so much as a response.

Guess I should give it up as a lost case... i'm now over £120 down. :(

Have you sent them a letter before action?

If not then sent to the companies registered address by recorded delivery

PHONES ON FINANCE LIMITED

100 BARBIROLLI SQUARE

MANCHESTER

M2 3AB

(no worried loan is a part of the above)

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

2 Letters, 4 emails and 3 phonecalls to No Worries asking for a refund.

3 Letters and 5 phonecalls to Yes Loans asking for a refund.

Starting to think it's not really worth my while, totally discusted by these companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is the think i registered on here to try and help ppl as im normaly VERY smart with money but in a moment of weekness i fell for the same STUPID thing... i fully understand what the other person said when they answered they felt presured tho as i did to...

well like i said i was in a moment of weeknes yesterday and fel for the same stupid con but then oday after reading all of the complaints about it and sutchlike i decided to do sumthing about it...

the steps you should take are:

First Forget sending letters or anything other like

Phone Your Bank and speak to the LOST and STOLEN Dept.

Tell them your card has been stolen!!

then ask them to put you throu to the VISA DISPUTS Dept.

Speak to them and explain that a Company took money From your account with out providing a Service to you. they will then send you a form out within 7 to ten working days sign the form and send it back... then Bobs your uncel! you will be refunded the money!!

NOW THE BEST BIT!!!!!!

IF they dont have the money in there account at the time to Refund you The Company WILL be TAKEN To Cort Over FRAUD!! and then You Are Most Certanly Going To Get Your Money Back....

Have Fun :-)

And please try not let this one catch you out again ye-old rule! NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR BANK DETAILS OVER THE PHONE FOR ANY REASON IF YOU EVER FEEL PRESURED JUST HANG UP :-) "i wish i listend to meself before i made the samemastake too tho but nobody is perfect"

Craig...

I too have applied for loans with both Yes and No Worries, both stated that i had been accepted for the loan and the loan amount i required.

a few days later i received text messages from both stating i had been accepted and my loan was ready and to call a number provided.

when i rang them they went through a long process to get my income and outcome details and at the end stated that i did not have enough outgoings to qualify for either loan.

i was told i could have a refund but after 60 days.

suprisingly the £59.50 yes loans took on the 10/06/08 and the £59.99 that no worries took on the 19/05/08 have not yet been refunded to my account.

last friday i received a reply from yes loans and they have sent me a cheque for 54.50 and made some rubbish up about always being 100% geniune etc... thanks again to the original poster for your letter!

still not received a response though from no worries!!!

• 1 month later...

I found your site after the same thing happened to me today. Great site BTW.

I applied for loan with No Worries Loans at the beginning of Sept and the man on the phone (Indian call centre ) guarenteed a loan saying my application was successful. He wanted 59.99 to be paid in advance which I didn't have in my account. He said that he will defer the paymemnt until the end of the month and took my d/card details. Whilst talking to him he tried to take out the money on my account without my permission, even though I'd agreed it can come out until the end of them month). It was not successful as I did not have funds.

I thought I may as well go with it as they will get me a loan offer within 5 days. They did come back to me but said that they can only offer me a loan providing I have a guarentor and that person would have to make the payments themself. In a nut shell, this was not a loan in my name, it would have been a friend or member of my family. NO GOOD...

I said that this was not a loan under my name and I would not pay the fee. They said that I needed to be put through to their customer services dept which they did...the phone rang, and rang and rang....I tried many times to contact them and I'd sent them emails cancelling everthing on the grounds that they had not fulfilled their promise or service.

This morning (26/9) I had 59.99 taken out of my account (even though it was not due till the end of the month (30/9). I rang the sales line and complained, he said I need to speak to another dept AND CUT ME OFF!!

DO NOT USE NO WORRIES LOANS. THEY RUN A SCUMMY BUSINESS BY RIPPING OFF PEOPLE WHO NEED THE MONEY THE MOST.

This company need to be shut down and the gangsters that run it should be put behind bars.

• 2 months later...

hi just to let you guys no that i was also taking in by no worries loans so i phoned them up cancel but they told me if i did that i wouldnt get the money back 59.99 resecer and ive got a email address that might get you your money back ..... [email protected] i have emailed this mans yesterday saying how disatified i was with his company and that i contacted my bank to recall the money that his company owes me and that i was reporting his company to the police and watchdog and with in 1 hour i had a reply back of this man saying how sorry and that he will put the money back into my account with in 2 to 5 working days ... so i will let you guys know if he does :confused::confused:

hi just to let you guys no that i was also taking in by no worries loans so i phoned them up cancel but they told me if i did that i wouldnt get the money back 59.99 resecer and ive got a email address that might get you your money back ..... [email protected] i have emailed this mans yesterday saying how disatified i was with his company and that i contacted my bank to recall the money that his company owes me and that i was reporting his company to the police and watchdog and with in 1 hour i had a reply back of this man saying how sorry and that he will put the money back into my account with in 2 to 5 working days ... so i will let you guys know if he does :confused::confused:

i got all my money back 59.99 went into my bank 2 days after i sent the email good luck xx

Hi

I too applied to yes loans in August they took £59.50 from my account and when the paperwork arrived they were charging me something like 65% interest so I told them to stick it where the sun no longer shines.

It took me 3 months to get my £59.50 - £5 back and after reporting them to consumer credit.

They have also passed my phone number on as I now keep getting calls to take out loans that I dont want - wished I went to my mother in the first instance and never even spoke to Yes loans :rolleyes:

If your having problems with getting money back from companies, then why not miss out the minions and go straight to the owners of the company. For a small fee ( about £3 ) you can get an appointments report from companies house that lists all the directors of a company. This report also normally has their home addresses.

If they've inconvenienced you and are offering no customer services, then write to them directly at their homes!! Inconvenience them. Maybe someone will listen then and give you your money back.

Incidentally, one comment earlier up the thread mentioned that they had been told it take weeks to get a call recording. It actually take minutes. They have them as mp3's and can easily forward them when required

• 1 month later...

I think that Steve Crawford might be getting wise to the above tactics. He's trying to weasel out of giving me my 59.95 back as well; of course they manage to get this money out of you at exactly the time you don't need to get rid of any more! Despite the fact I found within a few hours I didn't need the loan, they're still refusing to give me my refund. And I need that money towards funeral expenses- my daughter was stillborn on Dec 9th, information which appears not to have affected his stony heart. He's saying they've provided a service. I'm saying they haven't as I have not accepted their product. Several furious emails later...I'm banging my head against a wall with this one I think. No Worries loans - AVOID AVOID AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.:mad: Shysters.

• Haha 1

Dear Customer Services,

I really do not know where to start with this one, i can honestly say you have been the worst company i have ever dealt with, which is why i will be in contact with the Financial Ombudsman Service, i have spoken to endless agents, they have all given me promises, thats when i actually get through to someone before getting cut off. I have been told the recording which i had with one of your agents in India would be listened to by one of your supervisors within a week, since then i have no contact and have been contacting you, your agents have told me it would be looked at as soon as possible. I am aware you have 28 days to give me a result which has been and gone you told me i would receive a response by Monday 19th so i called and yet again no response, when i asked for a supervisor there wasn't one available which i cannot honestly believe as a financial organisation by law needs to have a supervisor, agents cannot work without a supervisor. I work for Nationwide Credit Card Services and there is always a supervisor available. I have been told i would be called back so many times, i have never heard anything back its always me contacting you, No Worries Loans well the irony in that. You have unlawfully taken money out of my account without my permission i requested that back and you said you would listen to the call which is recorded in India, i have given you sufficient time and you have made promises this issue would be resolved long before now i am at the end of my teather and you have left with no choice but to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If i do not recieve contact with regards to this within the next 24 hours i will be contacting them and i am aware it costs a £450.00 for every complaint put forward to them so the choice is yours really.

Regards Alan

CONTACT-07**********

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: £59.99 charge

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:33:44 +0000

.ExternalClass .EC_shape{;}.ExternalClass p.EC_MsoNormal, .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoNormal, .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoNormal{margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';}.ExternalClass a:link, .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlink{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}.ExternalClass a:visited, .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlinkFollowed{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}.ExternalClass p{margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';}.ExternalClass span.EC_EmailStyle18{font-family:Arial;color:navy;}@page Section1{size:595.3pt 841.9pt;}.ExternalClass div.EC_Section1{page:Section1;}

Good Morning,

An investigation in to this matter will commence and a voice recording requested of the original call made.

Once we have a full report on this we will contact you.

We aim to resolve complaints such as this within 28 days. We base this timescale on the FSO guidelines which state that 8 weeks is sufficient time to get a complaint resolved.

A letter will be sent to you confirming this.

I think that Steve Crawford might be getting wise to the above tactics. He's trying to weasel out of giving me my 59.95 back as well; of course they manage to get this money out of you at exactly the time you don't need to get rid of any more! Despite the fact I found within a few hours I didn't need the loan, they're still refusing to give me my refund. And I need that money towards funeral expenses- my daughter was stillborn on Dec 9th, information which appears not to have affected his stony heart. He's saying they've provided a service. I'm saying they haven't as I have not accepted their product. Several furious emails later...I'm banging my head against a wall with this one I think. No Worries loans - AVOID AVOID AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.:mad: Shysters.

Heartily concur with those comments.

At the risk of repeating anything that's already been said, I'm pretty sure these companies talk to each other and share details between themselves and other similar legalised sharks.

I did hear a rumour last year that Yes Loans were being investigated, but it seems to have died a death. Wonder if anyone else knows about it?

• 5 weeks later...

unfortunatley myself and my partner went to no worries loans in november but we told them w never wanted a loan and yet they still took the money, we then had to wait 60 days (there rights apparently?) but we still never got the money in january we were told to wait till feb 13th but when we phoned the machines were down and they couldnt transfer the money although we were HIGH PRIORITY! Told to wait 7-10 days but money still hasnt went in and no sign of cheque they said might be posted inplace of the transfer taking place.

I have wrote numerous emails to them (no replies surprisingly) , recently wrote to the financial ob and at the wekend wrote to steve carwford after reading about him on here. have tried to phone today without success as no one has answered !!!

I am now going to the national papers would anyone mind if i used there letters aswell as mine??

• 2 months later...

Yes Loan Free Phone Number 0800 141 141 Dont Give Them Any More Money!!

Have Names And Addresses Of All 10 Director Of Company Reg 04553449 Happy To Divulge Email Me

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed e-mail address

The bbc are doing a radio article about Yes Loans and No Worries Loans. Think it's around their dodgy dealings particularly the director who isn't allowed to be a director!!!

I believe the article is to be on the money part of radio 4 and another program in the next few days.

(after typing this I've just checked my email, the article was supposed to be on the Radio 4 Money Box programme on May 16 and the Donal Macintyre programme on May 17)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks