Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Recently I parked in a car park next to a station and i put a parking ticket on my dashboard which I accidentally put upside down. When i returned to the car i had a parking ticket. I wrote to the company with the parking ticket (which i kept a photo copy of) to prove i had paid for a ticket. They have now responded doubling the fine to £80 (as i havent paid within so many days) threatening me with the county court and debt collection agencies.

Is this worth fighting and if so what is my best course of action?

Hi,

Recently I parked in a car park next to a station and i put a parking ticket on my dashboard which I accidentally put upside down. When i returned to the car i had a parking ticket. I wrote to the company with the parking ticket (which i kept a photo copy of) to prove i had paid for a ticket. They have now responded doubling the fine to £80 (as i havent paid within so many days) threatening me with the county court and debt collection agencies.

Is this worth fighting and if so what is my best course of action?

It's almost always worth fighting. It's certainly worth checking out. [/url]

Was it the railway station car park? Can you post a copy of the ticket with your identifying details obscured and we'll be able to give you advice. Enven if you can't can you give some more details about the ticket - who issued it, any laws or byelaws mentioned, etc., contravention codes or what they are alleging you did.

In the meantime have a read of the Private Parking Charges sticky at the top of this forum. You can find it here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds 99% certain to be a private ticket. If it was under railway bylaws they would talking magistrates court not county court and debt collectors.

Do not pay, it is a [problem]. Read the "stickies" at the top of the forum - "Private Parking Companies - all you need to know" and the template letters for different stages of the dispute.

This sounds 99% certain to be a private ticket. If it was under railway bylaws they would talking magistrates court not county court and debt collectors.

Agreed. I was just covering all the bases. Best to be certain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------