£60 PCN for 30mins free parking!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent the standard response to Excel from my husband advising them to take up the matter with the driver of the vehicle. Received a letter today from Excel informing him as he is the owner of the vehicle he is liable for the PCN and requesting he provide the driver details or payment of £100. Failure to comply with either request will result in the issue of court proceedings!

What do I do now, ignore it or reply?

Write to them as follows:

Dear Sirs:

Re: [insert Ref No]

Thank you for your letter of [date].

You have written to me as the registered keeper, however you need to take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle.

I note that you claim that liability attaches to me as registered keeper of the vehicle, then please cite relevant authority for this (judicial precedent and/or statute).

Even if (which I do not concede) liability does attach to the keeper, I do not agree that any amount or the amounts you are claiming are due to you are in fact lawfully due to you.

In the event that you are unable or unwilling to cite the relevant authority as referred to above I shall be unable to enter into any further correspondence with you an this matter (which may also constitute harassment) and this purported debt shall remain in dispute.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.