where do i start cabot/thames/igroup

loltel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

heres hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I had terrible problems back in 2003 with thames credit which ended with me borrowing money to pay them over £2000 so this account is now finished, as far as i can remember it was for a barclaycard debt of around £350, the rest presumably were their charges and interest.

Is there anyway i can reclaim anything from them or at least get copys of the debt etc. if i send a SAR do i send it to thames or barclaycard - this led to the loan from igroup which i eventually paid off in 2005 after i had to sell my home, there were alot of charges on the account, please where do i start - i also have a debt with cabot which is still ongoing and pay them by dd monthly, i have never had a statement from them and was shocked when i spoke to them that i owed nearly £700 more than when i started paying them 18months ago.

i understand the bank charge reclaiming system, but these bits are reaaly getting to me.

sorry for the confusing post but i am honestly bewildered.

many thanks for any advice

This is shocking.....£2000 for a debt of £350 !!! Firstly send an SAR to Barclays.....and in my opinion Thames may have also put some of their own charges on it !!! I think it might be also a good idea to send a SAR to Thames (maybe somebody can clarify this)......As for Cabot send off a CCA request, it sounds like Cabot have been charging you also....!!

• Haha 1

Is the Cabot "debt" a seperate issue? If so, I'd strongly advise starting a new thread in the dedicated Cabot sub-forum (link at the top of this page) as you'll get some excellent advice in there :D

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

thank you for your quick replys.

yes djdave the cabot debt is a separate issue and the only one still ongoing, so i will get a thread started on cabot, many thanks

the thames credit and igroup matters have been settled, the thames credit one was for barclaycard and the i group was a secured loan which was settled on the property sale, do i send SAR to thames and barclaycard, i dont have an account no for thames credit.

many thanks

In my opinion I would send the SAR request first to Barclaycard....(this would enlighten you to any potential charges and also to see what interest / charges had been added by Thames (the gap between what Barlcays said you owe and what Thames claimed for) don't forget to send via guaranteed delivery and don't hand sign (just in case)

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature] - NOT HAND SIGNED

[name]