Urgent help needed please!

mazel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just received a call from DLC, conversation went like this:

DLC: Hello is that xxxxxxxx

Mazel: Yes speaking

DLC: Can you confirm your first line of your address

Mazel: Why?

DLC: I need you to confirm this before I can discuss your account.

Mazel: What account?

DLC: The account you have with us

Mazel: I don't have an account with you?

DLC: Well if you confirm your date of birth I will discuss it with you

Mazel: No way am I giving you my DOB

DLC: Well I suggest that you ring us back before close of business today otherwise this account is going legal

Mazel: What account I said?

DLC: You know what I am talking about

Then the phone went down!!

Please could someone help on this, I need get something off to them with regards to the CCA they have sent me.....

Please help me:(

Hiya Maz,

Providing it's got both yours and their signatures on it, this one looks enforceable to me.... sorry.

I concur with you P1, ive even run the figures through Dual Calc and it is spot on

Well, you don't have to deal with them over the 'phone for a start.

As it's enforceable though, you need to arrange repayments based on what you can genuinely afford. Don't be bullied into any more than this as no court would order any different if it ever went that far. If you send a cheque, then all payments will be traceable. If they ask for direct payments, only consider a Standing Order and not a Direct Debit... as you won't have any control over the latter method.

They will probably want an Income/Expenditure breakdown.... but it's up to you what you put on it. I have never written "mortgage costs" for example, only "housing costs"... and have omitted any other expenditure that suggested differently, such as buildings insurance, etc. :cool:

Thanks Priority. The original loan agreement included ppi cover which I don't want or need. Also on the statement of account it included approx £350 of collection charges, how do I ask them to reduce them off the outstanding balance?

There is a separate forum for PPI charges. I've never dealt with this, so can't really help you.

As for the charges, I would itemise these in your letter back to them... asking for their confirmation that these will be removed, together with confirmation of the true balance outstanding once this has been done. Send by rec. delivery.

Deal with the PPI as a separate issue though.... as others on the PPI forum have direct experience of this and may have more persuasive techniques at getting refunds.