hsbc cca

lolly371
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still looking for the button

You told me you'd found it...........LOL! :D - C'mon freaky, are you fibbing?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

has anybody had any success? i received a default notice for my flexi loan today. its a joke, really, they said in the letter 'we want to help, so please give us a call' because this call wil have so much more success than all the other calls and the letters did? they also said 'we are happy to work with debt counselling organisations if you ask us to' who do they think cccs are, then?

in the letter it states the reason they cannot take any money is because my current account is overdrawn (solely through charges) so i think its time to begin another claim and get this default removed.

any suggestion for this letter?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write in reference to your letter, dated 1 October, regarding my flexiloan default notice. I would like to remind you that I currently have on ongoing complaint which is being dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service about HSBC’s treatment of my account while I am suffering financial hardship.(complaint reference number*****) Since my most recent refund of charges, I have noticed that you are continuing to apply charges to my account, making it impossible for me to take control of my finances. Please find enclosed a full breakdown of relevant charges. As you will see, my account is overdrawn by almost exactly the same amount as the charges total. I have previously informed you that I now have an account with the CCCS, yet you refuse to accept any reduced payment preferring to push me into taking out a managed loan, and continuing to take out payments you are fully aware I am in no position to make, from my account. With that in mind, I believe that any defaults you have registered, or are about to register, with a credit reference agency are as a direct result of your continual charges. I therefore have a solution. If you close my current account as settled, and remove any defaults, I will have no need to reclaim any further charges, and will inform the Ombudsman that the complaint has been satisfied, as I will be in a position to make regular repayments, to start to repay my debts, via the CCCS. If you accept this proposal, please inform me in writing within 10 working days, otherwise I shall be forced to take further action, and I shall also be keeping the Ombudsman informed of your uncooperative manner.

That sounds pretty good to me, Lolly, - leaves them in no doubt of where you're coming from and where you're going if they don't stump up.

That is a good comprehensive letter - maybe you should send a copy to the Ombudsman, either now or if you have to contact him (or her!) again, just to let them know you're still trying to reach a settlement, but the bank is still not playing the game.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep , good thinking Lolly ............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

i have just had a really annoying phone call from a nasty little man from hsbc. he informed me that my loan account is about to default and that it could affect my credit rating. i laughed sarcastically,( my credit rating is obviously the least of my problems) so he said i'm glad you find it funny, you were quite happy to spend our money in the first place. this got my back up (he knows nothing of our history, i just hope he never suffers an illness which affects his finances to discover how easy it is to suffer hardship) i then informed him the ombudsman is on the case to which he replied, 'oh, he's going to pay your debts for you, then is he?'. apparantly i am going to have charges put on my account, so i said 'bring it on, i dont use that account any more'. i think i may be my own worse enemy, really, but it makes me sick. i dont deserve to be spoken to like something off somebodys shoe, and im not going to put up with it from a complete stranger. the 8 weeks is up tomorrow for the ombudsman, so i have got a lovely little bundle of letters to send. lets see what happens next.

Hi Lolly you shouldnt allow these phone chasers to get to you :rolleyes: they are generaly very low down in the bank's system and are sometimes paid commission for any money they get you to pay up so they tend to be abrasive.

Just stick to your schedule of events and HSBC will be paying your debts off :)

pete