New Cap 1 claim - advice re charge amount???

sozzer1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have just been looking over my statements for my capital one credit card which is currently an active account.

I have a quite a few charges for £12 for late payments and overlimit fees etc.

My first question is am I right in thinking that you cannot claim back charges of £12.00 as this has been deemed an acceptable amount for capital one to charge by the OFT???????

As I looked further into my statements there are some charges for £20.00, obviously before they changed the amount............ can I request that these charges are refunded??? It would be a very small claim as there are not many £20 charges but every penny counts doesnt it??

Could someone advise as to whether I am entitled to ask for the £12 charges back in addition to the £20 ones or just the £20 charges??

Thanks in advance

Hi Sozzer

The £12 charge mentioned by the OFT is still too high a charge. The law states that you can only recoup the actual cost of someones breach. You have to ask for it all back, £20 for late payment fees, overlimit fees. The banks or card companies will not reveal the true costs to them so we have to claim it all.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks Uk. Advice appreciated.

I am going to send off my letter today and see what response they give! I'm guessing that it will be...........we'll give you the difference - £12.00 is a fair charge blah blah blah!

I'm not going down without a fight!!!!! Will let you know how I get on!

they will at some stage refer to £12 and offer you the difference between that and £20. Dont listen, dont accept. Claim for all the charges ie £20 and £12 and the interest on those amounts at the rate of interest they have charged you. Make sure you put all those in LBA when you get your first 'normal' rejection. They may also offer you fraction of what you are claiming. Ignore and tell them the full amount you are claiming using Vampiress's spreadsheets. At the end of the day, possibly four months from now you will get all your charges back plus the interest