DPA sent 20th June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just thought I'd let you know I've sent my DPA yesterday to Halifax. After reading this site its given me confidence in pursuing this as they have ripped me off with thousands over the years so fingers crossed I can get it back. Will keep you posted and good luck everyone!!!!!

:) good luck to you too kacideans. Not that you need luck with CAG behind you. Just follow the advice and process as you appear to be doing and you can't go wrong :)

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I sent my dpa off yesterday stating that I wanted my statements from June 2000. I know it sounds silly but should I have specified a date and not just put month?????

Any advice appreciated.

Threads merged - please stick to one thread.

Putting just the month and year will not be a problem, however you should not have asked for statements - you should have used the letter template from this site asking for a list of charges.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Had An Email This Morning From Jean Graham Saying My Request Has Been Actioned.

Bit Nervous Getting Statements As I Know Ive Paid A Lot This Past Year Never Mind Six!!!!!!!

Keep You Posted

Rec'd some statements this morning but hter e still two years missing.

Total so far is £2500.

Do i wait to see if the other statements arrive this week or should I send a prelim now and ammend it at a later stage??

Rec'd some statements this morning but hter e still two years missing.

Total so far is £2500.

Do i wait to see if the other statements arrive this week or should I send a prelim now and ammend it at a later stage??

It's up to you - if you want to get the process underway there's no real reason to wait as it brings forward the final payment date. If they decide to settle in full before your have the final total (fat chance) you can always start a new claim for the rest.

I amended the value of my claim at each stage (Prelim: estimated amount, LBA: full amount from statements, Claim: additional charges added since the LBA). I'll also be starting a new claim for the charges added since my claim was filed with the court.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean you have downloaded the spreadsheet and you can't get it to open?

Are you using Microsoft Excel?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It won't work properly as it is designed for Microsoft Excel - if you PM me your e-mail address I can send a version which is compatible with Microsoft Works.

Update: Received statements on 26th but 2 years missing so I emailed them and received a letter two days later saying they acknowledge my letter requesting specific information blah blah blah.

Sent prelim off on 30th June for £3663.00 (£1200 est) and have heard nothing but today got home and a big pile of statements were waiting for me. Only thing is the silly blighters have sent me the same statements all over again and with the 2 years still missing!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

If I still don't get my 2 years missing statements by the time prelim runs out can I still send a LBA with an estimated balance??

I est £1200 because when I split statements into years it averages out at £500-£600 per year.

Thanks

Hi Kaci,

Give them a call to chase up the missing statements.

I changed the amount I claimed at each step until Moneyclaim. Prelim - estimated from what statements I already had, LBA - full claim from DPA data, Moneyclaim - added in charges that were added in the meantime.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Received letter today saying they are sorry i have found cause for complaint and that they are glad i have given them the opportunity to explain the charges they have applied.

Also, i'm still waiting for some more statements which it says on letter that thay have arranged for them to be sent out to me ( yeah, whatever).

Shall I now send my LBA or wait till the deadline on Saturday?

Thanks

Received letter today saying they are sorry i have found cause for complaint and that they are glad i have given them the opportunity to explain the charges they have applied.

Also, i'm still waiting for some more statements which it says on letter that thay have arranged for them to be sent out to me ( yeah, whatever).

Shall I now send my LBA or wait till the deadline on Saturday?

Thanks

Wait until Friday and post it off then - it should be with them on Monday - I bet they don't like Mondays! ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)