Someone elses microfinch doc's recieved/free of charge

msneddon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4weeks after recieving all my statements free of charge I recieved not only my own statment info from microfinch but one page of someone elses . When I contacted Abbey they advised that under the DPA I was obliged to return the info, to them asap as this would result in a breach of confidentiality. I promptly informed them that I would retun the info to the rightful owner (namely the ac.holder). This was recieved by a long pause and then words to the effect that they would still not concider refunding my charges and this was a rare occurance caused by human error. I informed the emplyee that I had already submitted a claim via the court and was not phoning to negosiate. Has anyone else recieved confidential info relating to someone else.

It's truly appalling that they've done this. If you don't have the address of the person to whom the data should have been sent, you should return it to Abbey at the same time as notifying the Information Commissioner that they have done this.

Given the amount of time it's taking them to respond to SARs, one would have hoped that they would get it right.

Alternatively, if you don't know the address of the righful owner, but still wish to return it to them, you could try this (had to do it once or twice when my staff forgot to get customers to sign cheques :rolleyes:)

Take the name and account number and sort code from the information you have. Write it on the front of the envelope and put the sheet you were sent in the envelope.

Write a covering letter to Abbey (or take it into your local branch) asking them to forward the contents on to the account holder.

I've never had a problem with this before. It might be worth a shot.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.