Halifax Loan PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think it sounds fine enough. Not too pushy, just reinforcing your point and that it has already been to the FOS.

I think it probably strikes just about the right tone.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so!

I've got my mediation appointment with them in a few weeks time, so here's hoping they're in a receptive mood for me shortly!

I really hope your mediation appointment goes well with them Bathgatebuyer, keeping everything crossed ;)

They are apparently in a receptive mood at the moment cos I've just received my offer off them. It came to less than what I worked out but I didnt have a clue how to work it out so my calculations may have been wrong. They said on the letter:

The calculation considers the number of premiums you paid towards the PPI, plus interest that you have paid on these premiums, plus additional interest at 8%.

In addition, we will reduce your outstanding balance by the remaining amount of PPI on your loan.

The total refund came to just under £3000. That will leave a small amount left on the loan but I am not complaining, it will get paid off a lot quicker now.

Thanks for everyones help on this, I am a lot wiser now when it comes to taking out insurance policies.

Another story to warm the cockles of my heart!!! Well done!!!

Interestingly I had another run in with the Hellifax today when I tried to pay a Halifax cheque into an old savings account so I could take the cash out there and then. Some diddy in the Shandwick Place branch in Edinburgh told me it would take 3 days to clear. I told her it wouldn't and went in immediately as it was a Halifax > Halifax transaction and she denied it. Went to George Street a few hundred yards away and they gave me the cash there and then!

What a waste of my time standing in a queue at lunchtime trying to tell them how to do their job.

I'm glad you managed to stick it right up em!

Interestingly I had another run in with the Hellifax today when I tried to pay a Halifax cheque into an old savings account so I could take the cash out there and then. Some diddy in the Shandwick Place branch in Edinburgh told me it would take 3 days to clear. I told her it wouldn't and went in immediately as it was a Halifax > Halifax transaction and she denied it. Went to George Street a few hundred yards away and they gave me the cash there and then!

What a waste of my time standing in a queue at lunchtime trying to tell them how to do their job.

Typical:rolleyes:, I wish they would issue some staff training so they actually knew what they were doing.

Well I have had the PPI removed from the balance of the loan and have also managed to arrange a settlement on the remaining balance. They have knocked a further 25% off so that shall be fully paid off at the end of the month when Hubby gets paid. I am sooo pleased to see the back of that:-D