Joelp vs Barclays

JoelP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

another imaginative title you will agree :D

i feel like time is running out, so im impatient to print it and get sorted tonight. I have my charges added up, £845 over the last few years, with £105 in a single day once!

Really simple question really, but i cant find an answer. What address do i post my preliminary letter to? Is it this one:

Barclays Bank Plc

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

Recorded delivery, yes?!

Thanks!

JoelP

Hi Joel

Whatever automated letters/leaflets you receive back from Barclays over the next month+, unless they comply by actually sending you the information you have requested in your SAR (and by that I mean in it's entirety and not just a few years or sleective data), you will need to send Template Letter #2 from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

hi guys. Thanks for the help!

Ive already got all my statements back to 1997, i kept them for some reason! Just 4 pages missing which i checked online.

So im straight on with the preliminary letter!

Just filling in the schedule now, then get it posted.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

recieved a standard letter in the post today, acknowledging reciept of the letter, stating that they believe the charges to be legal, fair and transparent, and telling me they will resolve my complaint after the test case is finished. Also tell me that if i proceed to court they will apply for a stay.

Must say, they have put a lot of effort into making it sound reasonable!

Im going to browse the forum for a few hours to see how to proceed to court and what to do about the possibility of a stay, and take it from there. I cant really make the abuse of process argument since there hasnt really been one yet!

Hi JoelP,

Reading threads here is the best you can do while you wait for the 27th which is when you send your LBA.

Stick to your timescale and then file at your local County Court (this is the preferred route using form N1 as opposed to using MCOL).

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)