DrPepper vs HSBC

DrPepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

About to go threw my battle with HSBC.

Got a few questions if someone doesnt mine answering

1) I've lived in my £200 overdraft for past 3 years and get charged roughly £2 something a month. Can I claim the interest back? Im allways drifting around -£100 mark.

2) Where can i get a 6 year statement. I have HSBC internet banking but i cant find for my life how to get a 6 year statement up.

3) Is there an easy step by step guide to this process with forms to download and fill out. There's so many forms on here getting abit confused with it all sorry

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, i need a quick reply before 3.30pm

I need to know which paper i need to print to claim my 6 years

I went into my bank today to see if I could get the 6 year statement. They said that I need to give them a letter before i can get 6 year statement. Also they told me due to these circumstances I can get the statement for free which i thought was wierd because i heard of people giving them £10

hello all

looks like i dont need to send and ask for a statement, or do I ? BECAUSE ive just looked on my internet banking and i can go back to 2001 on my statements.

Can someone let me know where I stand once ive printed them off.

Thanks in advance.

hi dr pepper & welcome

firstly if youre using internet statements print them off now as they disappear off the system as time goes by (only 6 years held)

then you really need to take a look here Frequently Asked Questions

this includes a step by step guide.

your next step is to go through your statements marking up any charges you can claim for & then put the figures onto a spreadsheet ready to send off with your preliminary letter.

theres lots of help available on here but you do need to do a little homework too. by reading up on the next stage you will be aware of whats coming next & stops any panic setting in.

good luck :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

if you put your claim in now there is a chance that it will be stayed (frozen) by the court until the outcome of the test case. However if you wait until the outcome of the test case you may lose out due to the limitations act which restricts you claiming back more than 6 years.

Once your claim is in the system then it will be dealt with eventually.

Read the links in my signature to get an idea of what the current situation regarding claims is.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

right ive printed off my 6 year statements.

im about to go threw them all and circle all the charges ive had from HSBC.

Sorry but this is a great site but very very unclear of 1) 2) 3) steps....

What/Where sheet do i need to print off first second and third please.

Once ive found out how to, i will write a thread hopefully will be made a sticky with links to sheets etc

thanks in advance.

not sure exactly what youre asking.

use the link provided by jowalshy above to access the spreadsheets. If youre only claiming the charges use the simple english one. (advanced one of youre claiming overdraft interest as well).

use the step by step guide to transfer your figures from your statements onto the spreadsheets

Im claiming just charges that i have been charged for going over drawn.

I have downloaded the simple charges spread sheet and it is saying

CLEARED TRANSACTION

UNPAID DD CHARGE

UNPAID CHQ CHARGE

and things like that, which is the one im claiming. It is charges for going over drawn.

thanks for quick reply pinkduchess vbmenu_register("postmenu_1153951", true);

hi

i just had a look - those are just examples that are already on there. you just put your charges on (calling them whatever it says on your statements) in place of these - i see there is not 'how to' on there.

if you scroll to the bottom and go on the link for Vampiress' Spreadsheets - these are the ones i used & found them straight forward as she gives a comprehensive instruction guide.

If you are using the simple spreadsheet, you will need to input your info over the top of the info already there. The ones already there are examples of what all the banks call the charges. At HSBC they are usually called recall DD, recall SO and arrangement fees or Total charges. Once you have put the info onto the spreadsheet you will need to delete the ones that are not yours ie the example ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Hi

yep ive done that part, bit stuck on

SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGES

and

PERIOD: [DATE FROM] TO [DATE TO]

and

Interest 8% APR

Im not sure what to put on - SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGES

Im claiming from 2001 to 2007 is this what i put in - PERIOD: [DATE FROM] TO [DATE TO]

and how do i work out - Interest 8% APR

really apreciate the help by the way

Schedule of claim for charges is just the title of your spreadsheet so you do not need to add anything here.

the datye part is the period of which you are claiming to and from. eg the date of your first charge to the date of the last charge. As long as you haven't deleted any of the formulas in the spreadsheet the spreadsheet should automatically calculate the 8% interest for you. It also calculates the number of days since you were charged until now. Just remember that when you send your schedule with your preliminary letter to HSBC, you will need to hide the interest and days since offence columns. The 8% interest is only claimed once you file a claim with the courts.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you send your statements with your prelim letter? If you did, you really should have sent the spreadsheet showing the list of your charges. Never mind if you did though, if you had printed off the statements from the online banking service you will need to print off another set for you to keep.

The next step you take is sending the bank your letter before action. A template for this is found in the bank template library.

(here is the link if you can't find the library)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

This time do not send the statements. Send your spreadsheet and if you have incurred any more charges since your prelim letter you can now add these to your spreadsheet.

They have responded with a letter basicaly saying they have recieved my complaint but are not doing nothing yet as banks are in court with OFT

What letter do i need to send? Do i need to send letter before action because i have read the start of the letter before action and at the start it sais

"I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the "

but HSBC have responded, so do i just need to take out this part and send the letter.

need quick reply as 14days ended today and going to send next letter tommorow.

thanks

DrPepper

You can change the wording on the LBA to read "I am very dissapointed that you have not responded satisfactorily to my letter date......"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

I sent off my LBA letter and got the exact same reply from first letter.

The letter from HSBC basicaly sais all things are on hold and that they will investigate when the OFT have finished what they are doing :confused:

What letter do i need to send now? I cant see this working now as im not even being made an offer

thanks in advance anyway peeps.

Yep as PD says you need to file your claim, this has two advantages first it puts you in a prime position the negotiate a settlement once this mess is over secondly the 8% statutory interest starts to build from the date you filed your claim, one of the best savings plans around :)

pete