Moores2525 vs BarclayCard

moores2525
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I've just started out claiming against BarclayCard, I sent them my first letter asking for statements from the opening of my account to closing date (1997-2005) and they have surprisingly send me most of the statements "as a gesture of goodwill" - without the Microfische argument.

However they've sent me only 2000-2007 (exactly 6 years worth of statements). Can someone tell me whether I would be entitled to claim from 1997 as I know I have many charges between 1997-2000 which they have not provided statements for.

Has anyone sent them a letter to get over 6 years wort of statements before?

thanks,

moores2525

Depends what your view is on the Limitations Act.

In theory, you can just write to them and demand that your SAR be fully actioned, which is that ALL information about you held by them is subject to an SAR, and failure for you to receive all this information, whether on Microfilm or not, will result in a letter of complaint being raised with the FSA dn the ICO.

I would even add that since the suspension of many bank complaints, you are sure the ICO and FSA will be dealing quickly and effectively with all complaints raised to them.

Give them 14 days (7 if you feel mean) and say that the resolution of this complaint will only be met by their fulfilment of the above. You will not be entering into further telephone conversations, or written correspondence until the remainder of your SAR has been met.

If this has not been resolved within the 14 days, you will also be filing at your court to have the above act imposed on you by a judge.

Hope that helps

Peter

• Haha 1

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!