argos

adam_tdi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

We bought a table and chairs from Argos 11 months ago its very similar to this. But it cost £200 (its not in the latest catalogue)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6000248/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500005806.Furniture%2Band%2Bfurnishings%3EC%24cip%3D1500005824.Dining%2Bfurniture%3EC%24cip%3D1500005831.Bistro%2Bsets.htm

Today it decided to self-destruct. The glass top just fell off. It had nothing to with the assembly (flat packed item) process. Looks like a failed glued joint.

The worst part of this is that my 6month old son was zooming around in his walker only minutes earlier. The glass didn’t break btw

I have spoke to Argos who have offered a replacement which I don’t want in case the same happens again, so they said I could have another type but all the glass ones are off the same design wood is out of the question as it will not work in the kitchen

What I would like is a refund but they aren’t having it. Am I asking too much?

Ive looked up the law but it’s a bit vague or im looking in the wrong place

Can anyone advise please?

Once you have "accepted" the products (by keeping it for a reasonable amount of time), you are only entitled to a repair or replacement (as decided by the retailer). You are only entitled to a refund when:

- You reject the goods within a reasonable amount of time

- It is impossible to repair or replace (for the retailer)

- Its too costly to repair or replace (for the retailer)

- Or the repair/replacement cannot be done within a reasonable time, or without causing significant inconvenience.

By the Sales of goods act, under these circumstances you aren't entitled to a refund, you might be able to request gift vouchers (store credit), in which you could purchase something else from the catalog but they don't have to offer this to you.

Feel free to check out the SOGA factsheets from dti/ts

Sale of Goods Act Quick Facts - DTI

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.