Capquest Debt Recovery

debstardeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm about to take on Capital One with the DPA letter.

Its taken me ages to do it because they got me involved with an awful company called Capquest who get a percentage of the debt and add their own fees to your debt.

They are very aggressive and you should try not to deal with them at all costs...

Basically they have no rights to your debt and simply try to scare the money out of you theatening baliffs, court action etc.

If you've had any letters from them then there is an amazing site you HAVE to see to get you informed of how to deal with this company.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the web address here so private message me if you'd like it.

I hope this can help some people in a scary situation like mine seemed to be...your not alone :D

• 1 month later...

We do allow links to be posted, so long as they are not to sites that require any payment to be made, and so long as any affiliation with the site is made clear.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 9 months later...
Hi I'm about to take on Capital One with the DPA letter.

Its taken me ages to do it because they got me involved with an awful company called Capquest who get a percentage of the debt and add their own fees to your debt.

They are very aggressive and you should try not to deal with them at all costs...

Basically they have no rights to your debt and simply try to scare the money out of you theatening baliffs, court action etc.

If you've had any letters from them then there is an amazing site you HAVE to see to get you informed of how to deal with this company.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the web address here so private message me if you'd like it.

I hope this can help some people in a scary situation like mine seemed to be...your not alone :D

Hi, I have just received a letter from Capquest regarding a small debt with RBS over 7 years ago, obviously the amount now is over double. I was going to ring them to get confirmation of the Debt, but saw your mail first. Could you please send me the weblink, I have until june6th afterwhich, presumably the threats will start. At this stage i have made no contact with them. I am now in a position to pay back the original debt with RBS (who i still have an active account with), but do not want to get involved with a third party unless they have lawful ownership of the debt. it also appears that they dispute payments once they are made - which implies a different agenda to debt collection. many thanks for your help.

hiya the website is Grumbletext, UK consumer complaints - post online and via SMS text message! You might have to register to see the threads on capquest but it's all free. Just search the threads for 'capquest' and then loads of info and template letters and stuff should come up.

I followed the template letters and they passed my debt back to capital one who i now deal with directly.

By the way if you are in a position to pay off the debt i would contact rbs directly straight away and offer to pay and then just write a letter to capquest stating that the debt is being paid directly to the original creditor. RBS should be happy with this.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

deb

Hi, I have just received a letter from Capquest regarding a small debt with RBS over 7 years ago, obviously the amount now is over double. I was going to ring them to get confirmation of the Debt, but saw your mail first. Could you please send me the weblink, I have until june6th afterwhich, presumably the threats will start. At this stage i have made no contact with them. I am now in a position to pay back the original debt with RBS (who i still have an active account with), but do not want to get involved with a third party unless they have lawful ownership of the debt. it also appears that they dispute payments once they are made - which implies a different agenda to debt collection. many thanks for your help.

I have been dealing with Capquest for some time now (approx 3 years), 1 of the debts was for a Cap1 account. After the initial threatening stuff I have found them OK to deal with. The do not own my Cap1 debt but manage it on their behalf. I find that they do chase me every 3 months to up my payment, I find as long as you offer them an extra £5 a month (depending on the size of the debt) they leave me alone again till the arrangements comes to an end and I have found If I ring them before they ring me they are far more amicable.

They regularly offer me a greatly reduced settlement figure, which I have not been able to afford as yet, but since my debt has been reduced by Cap1 paying a part settlement to them they no longer seem interest in offering me a settlement figure.

I am about to issue court proceedings for the balance of the reclaim amount from Cap1 this will more than cover the remainder of the debt and should leave about £200 over for myself.

The other debt I have with Cap1 is far bigger (now down at about £2800) and I am fully expecting them to ask me to up my payments on this one once the Cap1 debt is cleared. I will probably be proactive and ring them to offer an higher payment figure as I want to clear the debt as soon as possible and I have always found being proactive with Capquest far more to my advantage.

Would rather deal with Capquest than RMAI any day of the week.

Chrissie

that's fair enough you're lucky if you've had a good experience with them. They've been on watchdog twice i think a lot of people have had problems. It's mainly to do with their attitude on the phone and aggression.

I got charges back from capital one and rbs it was easier with them because i had debts with them so it just reduced my debt. Got the charges back in about a month i think and didn't even have to put in a court claim!

Hi, Iam new to this forum, but I just wanted to say that my husband's experience with Capquest has been horrific. they hounded us for over a year,chasing an Egg loan which they had acquired. they were consistently aggressive and demanding on the phone, even though my husband was paying them £100 a month.We were asked very personal questions, were accused of lying about our income (yes,mine as well, even though the debt was not mine!), and told that we obviously had no interest in settling the debt. At one point they were ringing 15/20 times in a day. All this resulted in us selling our house. . .Capquest wanted to know how much for,wanted the estate agents details etc etc!. Anyway, much against my better judgement, my husband paid them £6000 last week (which we can not really afford),in "settlement" of the debt,and to get them off our back.

I am really unhappy about this,but what can we do?.

Thanks for listening!

Hi helmllwyn, Sounds like you've had a nightmare. Good news is you can still claim any charges they applied to your acount. Firstly you need to start your own thread then have a read of these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Just ask if you need more info

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hello Helmllwyn

Yes, start your own thread now and follow the tried and tested procedures here. Read the FAQ's over and over. You can get those charges back, and if the default notice was because of charges, get that removed too. Keep it all as a package, charges and default removal from the start. Get your S.A.R. in A.S.A.P and add up those charges. Add your current APR to each one as well, the return would be worth it, by the looks of things. There are some links below to help you get around.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers