SETTLED for more than I claimed! Manchester Girl V HSBC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

This is my first post. Thought I was about to have to ask for advice about legal action but I just got an offer to settle today!!!!

I wrote my first letter to the HSBC on 21st May and got a standard "looking into it" reply. Sent a "Letter before action" on 19th June but heard nothing.

This morning I decided to write one more letter saying I would commence legal action if I did not hear from them within 7 days. Was on my way to post the letter, checked my letterbox and there was a settlement letter! For some reason they have offered me not only the amount in full but £396 more! Even though there was only £100 of new charges since my first letter??? Amazing stuff!

Thanks for all the advice I have read on here. It is all obviously spot on!

Shall make a donation now!

Congratulations on your win....Well done :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Yes I agree it is very strange. But the letter quoted the amount I asked for in one paragraph and this larger amount in the next paragraph. Letter and settlement form was made out to me so I have signed and returned already!