tina_cool v HSBC

tina_cool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - only came across this site yesterday - have already successfully opened a parachute bank account today with Nationwide in case I need a buffer. Have just been through my FD statements and since Sep 2001 I've been charged > £2000 - this is for O/D and XS O/D fees - think of the fun I could have had with that. Seriously though, looking at other posts I'm assuming I can make a claim against these charges. Please can someone confirm whether this is the case before I make prat of myself, and what is my next step.

Hi and Welcome

yes you can claim them back but before you do anything you must spend a few days to read around the forum and read the FAQ's .You need to become aware of what you are undertaking.

You have posted the same question in 2 different places ,please keep to your original thread

• Confused 2

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I can only find statements back to Sep 2001 but have had my account with FD for about 9 years. Do I need to make a money claim for a full 6 years or can I just go back as far as Sep 2001. I'm keen to start on this a.s.a.p. before my courage goes!

Threads merged - please stick to one thread.

You could just claim back to Sep 2001, but why do that when you can claim for the whole 6 years?

I would claim for the whole lot.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Have just completed the request for repayment letter to send with a schedule of charges - have £2132.41 in o/d and excess o/d charges. Letter will be sent recorded delivery tomorrow. Will keep you updated with progress..or not. Thanks to all the posters for helpful info.

Well I just knew it would have to be me! Sent my prelim letter first class recorded on 19/6 and according to Royal Mail customer services it's still not been delivered. Guess I'll have to send the info again just in case it has been lost in the post - this makes things a bit confusing with the dates especially if my original letter eventually turns up. Good old Royal Mail, you can always rely on them to c..k things up.

There is no need to obtain proof of delivery, or even proof of posting.

As long as you keep a copy of the letter you have sent the court will assume it has been delivered.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I guess Royal Mail aren't too good at updating their records - just had post delivered and lo and behold have a reply from FD so they've obviously rec'd my letter. Anyway, it was the standard don't agree with your claim, write to Robert Kernaghan so will check on other postings to see what my next course of action is. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've still not received a reply from FD following my LBA so guess it's almost time to make the moneyclaim. The only query I have is that when I made my initial claim, as well as claiming the O/D and XS O/D charges I also claimed the charges which had appeared on my statements as 'interest'. Was this the correct thing to do? If not, when I complete the money claim should I disregard these and just claim for the O/D and XS O/D charges. Having got this far I don't want to jeopardise my claim. Thanks for all the help so far.

HELP!! I'm in the pocess of completing moneyclaim on line as FD have now replied and advsed me to refer to Ombudsman etc etc. My question is , when completing the moneyclaim on line you are not able to send the schedule of charges with it as an attachment - is this likely to be a problem? FD have already seen my schedule of charges twice so they're well aware of the charges I'm claiming for - is it sufficient for me to put the totals only on the moneyclaim. please would some kind person be good enough to reply urgently as i'd really like to complete this tonight. many thanks.

If you have already sent the schedule of charges twice there is no need to include it with your claim.

They would look rather foolish if they said they didn't know what you were claiming for or how you arrived at your total figure.

Thanks for the prompt reply - just one last thing - the moneyclaim site advises that you must include the 'daily rate' of interest you are charging and gives a formula for calculating it - I've tried applying this formula on the amount I'm claiming but it doesn;t look right. Maths was never my strongest subject , is there an easy formula?

I assume you've already calculated the 8% interest using the spreadsheet?

To work out the daily rate of interest:

Claim amount (excluding costs and interest) x 0.00022

Hi Tina,

Looks line we're on similar timescales as I submitted my moneyclaim on Monday. I sent a copy of a breakdown of the claim to the County Court and a copy of the claim form and particulars of claim to First Direct, both by Recorded Delivery. I want my money back asap and am therefore trying to prevent them from delaying by saying they don't have the full information.

Let's see who gets to the finishing post first!:)

As far as I'm aware the court will advise FD of the claim against them - if you've already been through the steps of the prelim letter and LBA they'll already have details of what you're claiming.

Hi guys, congrats to all those who's claims have recently been settled. Filed my money claim and it shows as issued on 19/7/06 but haven't had any response from FD yet. Being a 'glass half empty' sort of person I hope mine isn't going to be the test case at court. Will keep you posted.:(