MBNA Paying By Installments!!!!!!!!!!!

Monty2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had three credit cards with MBNA and managed to pay them all off a few years ago, ironically before I was made redundant!

Anyway I sent off the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and to my surprise they sent me all my charges and fees already neatly printed out for each account! Nice....(I checked them by the way and they are correct). The total plus interest at 8% comes to £2,023.

I sent off the standard "I want my dosh back letter" and they sent me a cheque for £780 in full and final settlement. Knowing they were having a laugh, I sent them a nice letter thanking them for their contribution toward the amount I require for settlement. Then got another letter back with another cheque for £841 with all the full and final settlement stuff again plus some wingy statement that they had already paid me £780. So I sent them back this letter and now await their final installment - you guys must have cleaned them out!

Dear MBNA

I have today received your cheque for £841. As I stated to you in my letter dated xxth June 2007, I regard this and your previous payment of £780 as “payment in part” in relation to my total claim.

I have provided to you the basis of my claim for £2,023.97 that comprises of £1,571 charges & fees plus £452.97 in interest. Given you have already made interim payments of £780 and now £841, I hereby request a final payment of £402.97. I am prepared to accept this final payment (of £402.97) in full and final settlement in this matter.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within the next seven working days, I shall send you a letter before taking legal action against MBNA Europe Bank Limited.

Yours faithfully,

Monty