• Tweets

• China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
    • hahah except I can't locate the courier to frighten them with it hahaha   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed again

santafe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just joined CAG.

I have been mucked around by the HSBC so long that I have issued a summons on line, they did all the usual bullying, making me send in written out letters stating the charges, exact dates going back the full 6 years, i did this twice, they still sent 5 letters saying they have not recieved them.

Then on the same day sent a letter came saying they did have them and were looking into it.

When I informed them I was going to take court action, as I heard nothing, they made an Offer two weeks later, which refused.

Then I received a letter saying they had no records of any charges and the ,matter was closed.

i then issued the summons on line and received an acknowledgement that they were going to defend the charges.

That day is today i have heard nothing from any one, has any one got any ideas as to what the next steps are.

i would hate to go to court and loose against them as they may have implications of other ncases.

You should read as many threads on here as you can. Read the newcomers guide and faq's.

At the stage you are at now, you just need to wait for the defence to be filed. You will receive an acknowledgement and a copy of the claim in the post.

Read as much as you can but also just ask on this thread and someone will help.

I very much doubt you will loose your claim. I have only heard of 1 case so far and that was due to inadequate information being supplied to the court and is now under appeal.

Stick to the advice you get from this site and its wonderful helpers and you won't go wrong.

Have you sent the court (MCOL) a breakdown of your charges? If not, do so now asking for them to attach it to your particulars of claim.:)

Just made a phone call MCO who have confirmed that HSBC have put in a defence and it will be sent out to me today.

They have also transferred the case to a local county Court and it will be up to me to decide to defend it or not.

Any ideas anyone, has anyone else got that far with HSBC

Santafe, stick to one thread, its easier to follow. As I said read up as much as you can. I have had exactly the same things happen to me. Read my reply on the other thread.:)

PS any moderators looking? Can you merge the 2 threads?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have just spoken to the MCOL people who have confirmed that there will be a defence and the case has been transfered to my local County Court. They are going to post out the defence details to me .

They said now I can only deal with the Court.

Any ideas how and where I can get information on how to defend it at court.

thanks santafe.

The next stage is receiving the transfer notice which will let you know which court it will go to. You then wait to hear from the court who will tell you weather or not you have to fill in an allocation questionaire.

In the mean time read, read and read some more on this site. I don't believe it will ever get to court. You should have an offer of settlement before the court date.

Please read as much as you can, the newcomers guide covers alot!

I will post some links for you here in a mo!

Don't worry though, you are now in the same boat as many others on this site. Follow the advice given and you will be fine.

Sorry for the confusion

I am so new to the site I am not sure where and how things merge or stick to or anything.

I have found your advise to someone else and read that, but as for merging things i cant do it.

freaky - since the lloyds tsb win last week - the mods are a bit stressed out - let's just let this one ride and hope the other one fades away.

so, santafe - stick to this thread from now on, ok.

just wait and see what the paperwork from the local court says and then take a look at these two links - post 1 on both explains what is going on next.When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hello

I last requested help in May which was kindly responeded to.

I followed instructions and now I am on the next part of this adventure and again confused.

Back -ground.

I issued summons on line, it was passed to local court. usually defences put in by DG.

Reading various threads I sent a nudge letter. I have been totally ignored. by DG.

I contacted the court and informed them of dates that i will not be available and asked whether an allocated questionaire was necessary.

I haved received today,withit is a form 150.

here is my confusion.

What are the protocols??

Yes I sent nudging letter does this count as exchange of info to settle

what other doucuments are they referring too?

Enclosed is a mediation letter offering the service via the court if I used this does that mean I do not send the form 150.

Do I need to send a futher £100 will I get this back.

Please help I am away from wednesday onwards and need to sort this out urgently. I have also recently been in hospital so i really dont need this stress. Please help.

I thought that I had read on other threads that court do not usually want the questionaire why have i got one.

Thanks

no problem -

yes, lots of local courts have dispensed with the aq - but some still require is - so fill it in - it only takes about 30 minutes - here are the complete instructions:

aq info:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

this is your step by step completion guide -and here is:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

and here is how to use it:

for section g of the n149 (section h on the n150), use the wording in blue on post #3 of new strategy link, and then attach draft order for directions - use wording on post #2 of new strategy link(the bit in blue) making sure to add your name and court claim number to all pages. simple as that. just follow the steps with these two minor additions. the draft order is just asking the judge to order both parties to lay out their wares within 14 days of him ordering it - so it shortens the length of the time to a court date - and as dg/hsbc/all banks don't want to do it - they will pay up by offer or just not file their aq in which case you also win.

and yes, it costs £100 if your claim is for over 1500 but you add it to your claim.

you file it at the court or send it in to them - the aq, the draft directions, the cheque and a copy of your schedule of charges - do that monday or tuesday and that's it for now. courtwise.

you send a copy of the aq and draft directions to dg with a little letter saying now i've filed - there's another 100 onto my claim and by the way i'm asking for the draft order so i'll be starting on my bundle soon - wouldn't you like to resolve this without wasting any more time...blah,blah the ideas for these letter are in post 1 here:

When you have filed your AQ................ also send a schedule of charges with your aq and to dg.

let's stick to one thread - no need to start another one with every question - you already have several going - let's keep to this one now so we can find you.

ignore the mediation stuff - it's really not an option

no worries that you've not heard from dg - nobody does until they offer

any more questions - just get back on this thread

Thank you for your prompt reply

How can i keep to the same thread, say I wanted to ask you another question, in 3 days time what thread do I go to.

Sorry to be a pain.

When you sign on just click on your name and you will see a link that says "see all threads started by santafe". Click on that and it will show you all the threads you have started so you can just choose the one you want to post on and that will bump it to the top of the forum for people to see!

Hope this makes sense!:)