Help ... What do I do now ?

dwm1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise me ?

I requested my statements (enclosing the usual fee of £10) from Lloyds TSB on 30th April 2007. No reply.

I sent a letter on 3rd July, saying that they had failed to comply and giving them a further 7 days before seeking a court order. I should have received a reply by today, but still nothing .... No statements, no acknowledgement, no e-mail or phone call ... nothing.

Two questions .....

1. Has anyone else had this problem with Lloyds TSB.

2. Where do I go from here?

Any help would be much appreciated.

One thing I did notice I may have done wrong is to send the letters to my branch, and not the addresses listed on this site (wasnt aware of this site until after I'd sent them). Will this make a difference? Surely they should just forward them to the correct department anyway?

:(

I think I still have the receipt part, but not sure .... was

a few months ago ... and wasnt so aware of the tricks they try.

Am going through the process with barclays ... and getting on much better. Have had my statements, and sent a letter requesting

the amount to be returned. I have Proof of delivery and copies of letters

for the barclays mission, and I have proof of delivery of the 7 day notice letter, but not 100% sure if i have the proof of delivery of the first letter.

Without proof of delivery it will be hard to prove that they got it especially as you sent cash - unless you can find proof of delivery you may have to start again. Might be worth giving them a call though to see if they have received anything from you.

i was able to go back all the way and i printed them out at work, infact you can search three month periods for the word charge which just makes it easier!!

And the lord said "come forth and i shall grant you eternal life" I came fifth and got a toaster!!!:D

Yeah i could only go back about 4 years online , so i made an estimation on the 2 years that were missing .. when i sent my 1st letter to TSB i put my estimated amount on there , it was then down to them to dispute that sum , they never did and paid up the full amount today (12th)!!!!:) :)

Thanks for the awesome advice everyone ... all so easy.

Just printed all charges from 1st July 2002 to Present day.

Addede them all up ... comes to exactly £750. So a nice sum to try to get back.

Hope the rest is as easy as that was.

I never even thought of getting my statements online.

Will do that from now on.

Also thought i'd cancel my paper statements while I was online to do my bit for the environment, and to save Lloyds TSB on a bit of paper .. as they must be writing a few more letters with everyone claiming their charges back.

Right .. next stage .... list of charges and letter to bank.

Will keep you all informed.

As i mentioned i estimated 2 years out of the whole 6 that i was claiming back and they never disputed it ... but reading other posts this has caused a bit of bother for people later on ... so i would read up on other threads so u have everything covered ....and good luck!!