Already accepted part payment?

james23_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Around a year ago I accepted a payment from Capital One of £100 towards previous charges applied to my credit card account. This acceptance included me signing a form waiving my rights to future compensation.

This was obviously foolish - have I completely burned my bridges or is it worth me trying again?

I'm only just learning about the 'unfair terms (Contract)' law.

but I would suspect that any contract they made you sign, that said you waived your legal rights. was also UNFAIR in itself.

So I would ignor this, and continue the matter until you have all YOUR money back.

It is YOUR money, not theirs. They took it from you ILLEGALLY!

Guest stephen

This would probably have been done by the means of a compromise agreement. Therefore, you would have waived your rights. These types of agreements are legal. And if you tried to break it you could be liable.

If it was not and you have, the agreement emails me it when I have it I can then advice you upon that agreement rather than doing guess work.

I had a payment of 40 as a goodwill, they now are paying the whole lot as out of court settlement(this includes the 40 they have already paid)

lesson one don't sign nowt unless its in your interest to do so(more than its worth)

Take the goodwills if they are just giving them to you and still take them to court.

Ask for all you information in the DPA, not just statments, you never know they might not have the contact you signed ?

If they do have it but don't give it to you then they will be breaking the DPA, should win either way.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks