Barclays claim - planning ahead, advice needed!

posiview
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, currently claiming charges from Halifax (second letter just sent). I had an account with Barclays for a long time and am aware of bank charges that I need to claim. To get my account details and statements do I just send a request for them + £10.00 or is there aniother way?

Thanks in advance.

hi posiview

Just send the SAR and include as much detail as you can if you don't know the account number. However if the account was closed more than 6 years ago you may have problems getting statements

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I posted this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/100748-old-barclays-account-need.html?highlight=account+number

and received the advice needed; I acted on the advice and sent the relevant letter of 2 week's ago + £10.00.

I expect them to play hard ball as I didn't know my account number. I want to plan ahead and need advice - can I get a letter typed up in readiness for the expected "We are unable to locate your account details" letter?

Great site and thanks in advance.....

2 threads merged, please do not start a new thread every time you post, it will make things difficult to follow as your claim develops.

If you have given them all the possible info, last address when account was still live, complete correct name, branch address where account held, etc... there's no reason they shouldn't be able to trace account, so I think there's hardly any point in starting a letter now. If the worse case scenario occurs, it won't take long to fire up a letter, don't you worry. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to wait til the beginning of August (40+2 days) before they are in breach of DPA.

You could always send a nudge email to barclays Customer Service, can't do any harm at this stage.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

You'll have to wait til the beginning of August (40+2 days) before they are in breach of Data Protection Act.

You could always send a nudge email to barclays Customer Service, can't do any harm at this stage.

Thanks, can I trouble you for the e-mail address?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi, my 40+2 days is due to expired shortly and I've received no statements or acknowledgment letter.

I sent the SAR letter without my account details.

I've since found them! Should I send them with a copy of my origional letter or just wait until 40+2 days has expired and send a breach of Data Protection Act letter?

I would send them the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html but inform them that you have now come across the account details give them an extra week to comply

Wow, now that's what I call a quick response!

Should I just amend template 3 from:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

TO

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have, as yet, failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

I have, since sending the above letter, found my closed Barclays bank account details. These are XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

If you do not comply by **date** I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

Thanks again...