Complaint about Abbey

purejayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help.

I have an overdraft with Abbey of £1,400. I logged on yesterday morning to my online account and checked my balance. It stated that my balance was currently £1327.62 overdrawn and that I had a balance available of £17.72. According to my calculations I had a balance of £72.38 available not £17.72!!

I worked out pending visa payments and cheques which were still to go through and it transpired that one from Tesco for £12.29 and one for Amazon for £11.58 were still to come out. This still left me £45.82 available or thereabouts. Where was this then? Why did I only have £17.72 left in my account?

I rang the call centre straight away. What a joke - I was left holding on for about ten minutes before I could get through. When I got through I was just going through all my transactions with the assistant when I got cut off (conveniently). I rang back later on that day and spoke to anohther person who looked at mt account and said this would be updated tomorrow (meaning today) as there may still be a few payments to go through. I explained that I had already been through the payments and there was still a discrepancy of £45.82. I said I was a single parent and needed to draw that money out today. She said "can't you get some money out of another one?!!" She said I had to wait until my account was updated.

I logged on again this morning and things were still the same - my account hadn't changed and I still only had £17.72 available to me. I was fuming. I rang my local branch and was put through to another call centre. I explained the whole scenario again and the assistant said my account would be updated tomorrow !!!!!! I said I was promised it would be updated today - she said "no - tomorrow". I put the phone down and rang back again and attempted to speak to someone else. This man was a bit more helpful - he thought that I had been billed twice by Amazon and that £30.00 cash withdrawal had gone on my account twice. He told me to ring Card Services who would rectify the position as he couldn't.

After work this afternoon I went into my local branch and asked to speak to the Manager. I explained what I had been told and asked him to ring Card Services for me and sort the matter out. I explained that this needed to be sorted out TODAY as I had a direct debit going out tomorrow for £50.00 and needed the money in the account to prevent me from getting charged. He took my number and said he would call me when it had been sorted.

Upon getting back home there was a message on my answerphone giving ME the number of Card Services presumably as he hadn't been able to get through he fobbed it back onto me.

This is still not sorted - I am at my wits end - no-one at Abbey is listening to me and I have been passed around so many people. What gives them the right to remove £45.82 from my account and not be able to account for it??? What can I do?

Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I would be going back to the branch manager tomorrow and telling him in no uncertain terms that you thought he was sorting this for you, and that any charges that are made to your account you require him to personally sort them out!!

Ask him how he plans on compensating your for your inconvenience and tell him untill the matter is sorted to your satisfaction you will be sat in the brance advising customers how badly they are operating your account

If you make enough fuss they won't be able to get you out of the branch quick enough

• Haha 1

Thanks for your support - I've clicked your scales :) . I am so fed up with Abbey lately - everything seems to be a problem with them. I plan on going back into the branch tomorrow - I refuse to ring Abbey again - I've spent a small fortune on phone bills hanging on for at least ten mins at a time. I'm finding this terribly stressful as I hate confrontation.

Hi purejayne

I can't offer you any more advice - mariejaders' is excellent, but all I wanted to do was offer my support, as I have been messed around by them too, and I know how it feels. :(

Very best regards, and I sincerely hope you get it sorted out.

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

I hate confrontation

If you were or are near me I would go with you. :D (thanks for the click)

When you go into the branch remember they are in the wrong not you!!!

Don't let them bully you, I would also tell them you want compensating for the money you have spent on phone calls also!!

If they don't sort it I am sure the press would be interested in your story!!!

Hi everyone

Just to let you know I logged on yesterday morning and the whole of my account has been updated and I had £28.00 credit which I did not expect. I do not know what went on here but I do know its so frightening that a Bank can just fiddle around with your balance without notice and your money can just disappear into thin air for two days and suddenly reappear. I suggest everyone keeps a close eye on their balances as this could be happening to anyone. I am so disgusted.

To top it all, Abbey have levied £50.00 charges on my account for going overdrawn by £5.00 for one day. I have put in a written complaint about this stating in the letter that I did not want the £50.00 taken out until an agreement was reached about my complaint. Needless to say Abbey have ignored my request and taken this out of my account today so I am now £50.00 overdrawn. They have sent me a letter saying my complaint will be investigated and will take four weeks!!!!:shock: