KevinBacon v Lloyds TSB ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just had a letter from SCM and they have offered full settlement of my claim!! woooo! :D :D :D

only I see they have their proverbial tails between their legs and I am thinking of requesting a further payment for additional interest that would be earnt had the claim reached its court date + a sum of £500 as a gesture of goodwill from lloyds as means of compensation for unnessecary distress and hardship caused during the period of excessive charges

What do you guys/girls think about this?

*Court date set for 20th Aug*:eek:

*Lloyds TSB defence filed 14th May 2007*:mad:

*LBA sent 2nd April 2007*:cool:

*Prelim sent 5th March 2007*:D

*SARS sent 26th January 2007*:rolleyes:

Whilst I think it is good to win against the banks I am not sure about going back to them after they have offerred to settle your claim in full and asking them for the interest earned should it have reached its court date.

I feel that they will say that the offer that they have made is in full and final settlement.

However if you have already lodged court papers then yiu can reject the offer and then let the case take its course throoghj the courts and then, hopefully, will get the interest.

Finally I do not think that they will wear the £500 claim for ditstress and hardship.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

hmmmmmmm but they will have greater costs if it does go to court clearly as they have stated this as the reason for settlement in the letter, so just how much would it cost them and to what point would it make sense from a finacial perspective to settle out of court?

If it goes to court and you win then LTSB will have to pay you back not only the charges but also the 8% interest and the court fee.

So it is in their best interests to settle prior to court.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

they have offered it including the 8% interest and £120 court fee, £100 allocation fee (which i didnt have to pay in the first place).

I just think that it will cost them alot more even if i request an additional 10/15% extra for compensation, it would be better to pay than go to court and still lose and end up paying the barristers fee etc

can this thread be merged with my original?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/59969-kevinbacon-lloyds-tsb.html

as I guess i've won now ;)