essexbird v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.

ive nearly come to the end of my struggle to reclaim £1,077. bank charges from the Halifax. i sent of the letters as advised by your good selves and got a reply to which i was quite shocked,

i cant find anything in the forums about a reply. basically after i sent the letter of intended action i received a reply which said that the charges were lawful and i didn't have a leg to stand on......i thought they might have made a settlement offer before i had to file my claim ( which i did this morning).

any opinions, advise gratefully received.

V Halifax bank charges...in progress:-| and causing a headache:-?

Barclaycard out of date debt...HISTORY!!!!:-D

4 x CCA requests = 4 squashed debts:D

Don't you worry.

The shocking thing is that they haven't caught on to the fact that they will pay the full amount eventually.

Because you can get every penny. And you will, its just a case of when.

There are refusal/ rejection letters in the templates library- in the stickies. I would post a link but I have not worked it out yet.

Have a read through some of the other threads. Halifax are a bit easier to deal with than others from what I have heard.

Someone will do that soon.

Good luck!!

Kennythecelt

That's the standard letter!

Press on regardless!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Keep us informed!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

And I forgot the good bit.

Their charges are unlawful, they know it and thats why they won't divulge the costs in court!!

That, together with CAG will get you there. So please don't worry.

You still have both legs to stand on!!!

hiya

thank you all for the advise. is it compulsory to add interest to the claim? and does it make a difference to whether i get paid out or not? just wondering as i forgot to add it to the claim, but am not that worried about getting it as long as i get the charges back.

cheers

Add it on and using the calculator in the stickies - 8% is the rate it uses. Each date needs to be entered, the type of charge and the amount. automatically calculates it. A wonderful tool supplied by a tried and tested, respected CAGer.

Save it to your hard drive so you have a copy for the bundle should you need it. Copies of everything needed.

While I remember. Don't accept or do anything suggested by the bank until you have it confirmed in writing. Then ask around on here for advice.

Meant to say it is not compulsory. However, you may claim it. The banks have made a profit on the unlawful charges they applied to your account.

Think of that advert on the TV about charges and the shareholders party!

So go for it.

hi

thanx for that info. i have already submitted my claim online, without interest calculated. one more thing: reading thro the info pages what exactly is a court bundle and when would i need it?

cheers

Here it is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Don't worry! They VERY VERY rarely turn up!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

thank you for the link..something i don't have is the terms and conditions for my account...i have a Halifax cardcash account if anybody has a copy.

p.s does the bundle just mean all letters from halifax regarding the claim plus my bank statements for 6 years?