Bumper777 vs Halifax ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I recently filed court proceedings through MCOL and also sent a covering letter and list of charges to the Court.

The 14 days is up tomorrow (Issued 13/06/2007) and The Halifax have not even Acknowleged it yet, is this common and do you think they will. What do I do if they don't

Many Thanks in Advance

It is good if they dont acknowledge.

If they dont, you can send the letter in this link.

It demands they pay you within 7 days.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for your replys, this seems to be going on and on. . . . it can get quite confusing which I'm sure its why they do this.

I'll wait till tomorrow and then send another letter as suggested in your posts above. If that does not work I'm sure I'll be back for more questions as its getting really confusing and I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks Again

Seems that the right folks are watching your thread.

The "confusion" you speak about is part of the banks' ploy!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Any worries you know where we are!;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks again for all your replies, I'm just a bit unsure on the letter (payup in seven days time) bit stating of the next few paragraphs

1) Quote: WHAT GOES HERE

2)You have not filed a defence for claim number 7XX00000 at (Town) County Court, and the time to file a defence has now passed and judgement in default has been/will be granted.

WHERE IT SAYS

BEEN/WILL BE GRANTED (which one do I use BEEN/WILL or do I leave both)

3) I am writing to give you one final opportunity to make full payment of £000.00

DOES THIS TOTAL INCLUDE THE COURT FEES

4)If I have not received payment in full by 4pm (date - 7 days from date of this letter) I will file for Judgment in Default/apply for a warrant of execution.

WHERE IT SAYS

which one do I use DEFAULT/APPLY or do I leave both.

5) Also do I send this to the usual Trinity House address.

Apologies for all the questions but I don't want to screw it up at this late stage

Cheers

1) Quote: WHAT GOES HERE You can leave this bit.

2)You have not filed a defence for claim number 7XX00000 at (Town) County Court, and the time to file a defence has now passed and judgement in default has been/will be granted.

WHERE IT SAYS

BEEN/WILL BE GRANTED (which one do I use BEEN/WILL or do I leave both)

Leave it as it is.

3) I am writing to give you one final opportunity to make full payment of £000.00

DOES THIS TOTAL INCLUDE THE COURT FEES Yes. Everything.

4)If I have not received payment in full by 4pm (date - 7 days from date of this letter) I will file for Judgment in Default/apply for a warrant of execution.

WHERE IT SAYS

which one do I use DEFAULT/APPLY or do I leave both.

Leave as it is.

5) Also do I send this to the usual Trinity House address. Yes.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Hi, I was about to send the 7 days pay up or else letter on Friday but didn't because of the postal strike and I though I'd just check today on MCOL in case thay have acknowledged it.

Guess what, they acknowleged it! It was served on 13/6/07 and acknowledged on the 29/6/07. Talk about leave it to the last minute.

I'm awaiting the acknowlgement letter so I can send my charges to their solicitors.

Is it just a case of waiting then to see what they do, I guess this will also be left right up untill the last day. What happens now!

Many Thanks in Advance

You now count 28 days from when it was deemed served.

You wont recieve an acknowledgement through the post. But like Tilly says, keep checking your account, as they will prob put the money in to t he account with out telling you. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks everyone for your replies and help, I can't believe this is the last leg of this and I'll only believe it when the moneys paid in as it seems to have gone on for ages and they have stalled me at every opportunity.

How do I send my charges to the banks solictors if I don't receive an acknowledge letter, or don't I need to worry about sending them.

Thanks again

You dont need to do anything at the moment. Just hold tight. :D

F&Q's... Read here

See!

Gift horses!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi everybody, I recieved an Acknowledgment of Service this morning, should I now send a list of my charges to the the Legal department address mentioned on the letter.

They have also ticked the box which says they will defend all of this claim. Is this normal.

Many Thanks Again

yep this is all normal you dont have to send anything yet

have they not already got your list of charges

just keep checking your account

Buffy xx

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

Hi, thanks for your reply, I sent a copy of my charges and covering letter to the MCOL Department on the day I issued court proceedings. Its taken Halifax 17 days to acknowledge and so have just received this letter which has Halifax's Legal Solictors Address on it.

I have not sent the letter to the Halifaxs Solictors yet with a list of charges.

Should I do this now and if yes is it just a straight copy of the interest sheet I sent to the MCOL attached to the template of the Solictiors letter thats on here. Please note the charges sheet does not have the £50 amount I paid to MCOL, is this ok

Cheers Again

Sorry, didnt realise you had done it through mcol.

Once they acknowledge, you send the second letter in this link..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

F&Q's... Read here

Yes the amount has to be the same.

If you alter it you need to fill out court forms that cost £35 which you cant claim back.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Guys, I've won, had a letter this morning saying they will refund the whole amount into my account in the next five days. I can't believe it! They except no liability blah blah blah and I agreed to the charges when I signed up blah blah blah but it would cost to much for them to defend blah blah.

Who cares, thanks to everyone who has helped me,what do I do now with the MCOL, do I have to do anything or just leave it.

Right wheres the donation button.

Cheers

Happy Days