Claims transferred to Southend...

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just found this thread i was also done on the 27th june from a stay with court date 17th july 12:30pm so i will be their as well case management hearing glad to know i wont be the only one will try to get there in time for yours gig

started to compile a list of thoose of us going to be there on the 17th july and times we are in

spurs1 12:30

Newbody 12:30

rsspence 12:30

sf20864 11:00 (non-attending)

gig1965 10:00

bonking 11:00

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Sorry Newbody, I've actually rang the court to say we won't be attending as my mum has an important hospital appointment at on the same day at the exactly the same time (typical!). She was due to see them at 11.00am though.

I've received a letter from Basildon Court to say that the hearing of Abbeys application for setting Judgement aside will take place at BASILDON court on 8th August at 2pm.

They told me it would be transferred to Southend but it hasnt?!

Is anyone else's court date for Basildon still?

Hi, oh I'm so jealous....:p

I dont believe it, what are the courts playing at , we were all transfered to Southend because Basildon is a small court and it cant cope, now they are doing claims.

Your lucky natc , what does it mean Abbey have asked to set judgement aside, sorry if I sound a bit dim but I've sort of lost the plot now I've got to wait till september to even be looked at.

Good luck cant wait to see what happens to everyone on the 17th and 25th..and the 8th aug...

Does anyone know if I can transfer back to Basildon?:rolleyes:

Hi there Give it back,

Yeah the court date is to hear Abbeys application to have the judgement set aside.

When I called Basildon Court on the 8th July after being informed that my case had been transferred to Basildon, I was told one day before they sent the court date letter that I shouldn’t expect to hear anything until August and that my case would be transferred to Southend. So all I could do is wait to hear from them. Then just one day after my call they sent me a letter totally contradicting what the stroppy woman told me on the telephone!!

I'm keen to hear how these cases get on before mine on the 8th August.

Good luck everyone. :D

Newbody seems we are in at the same time, I can't really say that I am looking forward to this at all. Stupid question to begin with, are we seeing the judge at the same time? or one after the other 12:30 ish.

Still unsure of waht to take, have printed off 'Draft Directions', Witness statement, and will take my spread sheet and current correspondance with me. Any other ideas?

i have also sent an email, based on the one 'ICY' sent (thanks) to the infamous Inga, offering settlement, no responce after two days, will send a reminder today.

Cheers

Spence

I have just received this email from Inga. Seems Abbey are not willing to negotiate in these matters. The offer I sent was 10% under what i am currently claiming, without the court and bundle costs.

I would still prefer to settle out of court, any suggestions.

Spence

"Without Prejudice"

Dear Sir,

Whilst Abbey appreciates your offer it is insufficiently commercial for our client to accept the same. There must be a charge for the transactions that have occurred on your account. We do not think that your offer sufficiently accounts for these transactions.

Abbey has briefed Counsel to appear in Court on 17 July 2007. Should you wish to reconsider your position and forward a more commercially palatable offer, we will be happy to consider the same.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman

I just had the same response from Inga to my "hurry up" email. Have just sent her the following reply. My original claim is for £5009.

Dear Ms Kirkman

Thank you for your response.

I would be prepared to lower my settlement figure to £4800 to facilitate a speedy conclusion to this case. However if this settlement figure is not acceptable to you then as previously stated I will continue to pursue my claim for the full amount through the court system.

Yours sincerely

Lets see what she comes back with next!

just gonna take documents of all or lack of communication from abbey with me including letters from DCA where abbey passed the account to them

and take along copies of legal arguments to try and point out why i believe i am entitled to certain things within my claim like Compound interest not simple

and why i believe i am entitled to Interest on the charges at 28.7% and not the courts stat 8%

from then on in am winging it :D

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hi all, am so glad this forum is here as worry everytime I receive a new letter until I come on here and see everyone else is in a similar boat!

Didnt' receive any correspondence re 27th June, somehow they missed me out of that loop completely, instead they have gone straight in with the General form of judgement or order from Judge Dudley that the Allocation and Case Management Conference will take place on 25th July at 2pm and that I need to attend.

Will be watching this space eagerly to see how you all do on the 17th - good luck!

Not sure whether to write to Abbey in the meantime to try for settlement out of court? Have any of you tried this tact yet?

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

I received one offer of 65% of my claim, then tried to push for more, seems from the response below I will definately be at the court on Tuesday. I have alot of reading to do at the weekend to get my self up to speed. I think I will keep it simple and offer the 'draft order of Directions' available on this site and ensure that the case takes the Small claims route. Anymore is a little too complex for me.

Spence

"Without prejudice"

My apologies Sir, however I am unable to negotiate any higher.

Kind regards,

:) After much negotiation with the delectable Inga I managed to get her to settle at just over 75% of my claim so I am taking the money and running!!!!! Good luck to those of you going to Southend on Tuesday but I won't be joining you! I got what I wanted and can now buy the car I was after and have a bit left over in the bank! :D :D :D

Gig1965 is a happy bunny today!!!!