Help! Catalogue Charges...

kirsty19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

I recently ordered some items from Studio/Ace catalogue around Xmas time. I didn't get everything I ordered, therefore making things hectic as I had to go elsewhere to complete my gifts bought.

I was quite annoyed by this as its was quite unprofessional by the catalogue. Maybe they were out of stock ? When I got my bill I didn't pay right away as I was disappointed not to get everything, plus I was on benefits. The bill was only around £15.00 in total. Now I am being threatened by a company called Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd for fees in excess of 65.16 + £20.00 admin fee (for sending ONE letter). I don't agree with this amount as these fees are really unfair/unreasonable.

I have been threatened with 1.bailiffs, 2.contact of my employer to recover funds, 3.property blacklisting and 4.court attendance.

What can I do, I'm only 19 and don't know how to deal with this type of mess...Any HELP would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirsty19

Hiya Kirsty,

The best thread for you to be on is this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/

There are plenty of other people claiming from studio here.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Kirsty

Its a well known fact that Studio do not hold agreements and therefore I would CCA Moorcroft- letter N general templates send recorded delivery with a £1.00 p/o or cheque, include the sentence your obligation extends to providing a list of transactions. They have 12 working days to respond + 2 days, after this they are in default a further 30 days they have committed a criminal offence and you can report them to OFT, TS, ICO. Don't worry. Studio have been the easiest to reclaim charges from because they have totally cocked up by not having any agreements completed. They sent me an unopened agreement and tried to tell me that OFT said it was OK. When you have had any further communication come back if you need any further help.

good luck.

Hi,

Thanks, thats great news. Where would I find the template letters ? How do I CCA Moorcroft ? Is the £1.00 P/O or cheque to cover the cost of them posting me a letter ? Who are OFT & TS ? I struggle a bit to navigate around this website - I only joined yesterday :)

Sorry if I sound daft, but I am not great with legal stuff !

I haven't actually paid these amounts, but I have paid the original order amount...well, slightly more @ £15.00

I appreciate your help !

You need to enclose £1.00 p/o or cheque with letter then have it sent recorded delivery £1.04 to post. Don't sign your name, print it. Moorcrofts or Studio wouldn't go to Court or carry out threats, full of hot air. If you can get a cheque I would, Moorcroft's sent my P/o back to me, which is no good as it is made payable to them.

Dear

Account No.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement together with a list of all transactions.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79)I am entitled to receive a copy of this credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of the credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Thanks Surprise,

I feel a bit better about things now !

Should I send one letter to Moorcroft and one letter to Studio (now ACE) ? Is the fact that I paid the bill, but not the charges in my favour ?

• Charges = £65.16
  • Admin fee (for Moorcroft letter) = £20
  • bill = £14.00 (PAID)

I do infact feel I'm being bullied into the fees - that I don't believe are ethical.

Just need to send it to Moorcroft. If they are true to form, Moorcroft will hand it back to Studio. Then its a waiting game. Once you have sent the letter don't contact them. Don't speak to them on the phone. I would add a bit at the bottom of the letter, I will only deal with this matter in writing. If you have paid what you owe, don't worry. Studio's fees are extortionate, however, when challenged they have been refunded.